Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

>I Pm'ed Chris earlier today, I don't seem to have access to the member only forum, who can grant me access ? not wanting to miss the party hey Cheers, Dirk.<

Hi Dirk. You have to register on the website and pick a password.

PS. I had to be a bearer of bad news but there is a chance of rain on Saturday so I think will wait the Friday before completely committing, or so Chris have you got Kevin Barnes and Steve Murray , phone number/email address? We could possibly invite them as well.
Thumbs Up 

(12-12-2016, 05:50 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  If anyone is interested in taking over the role of Club Secretary they can then fix the problems of the Forum.

Sorry Chris, but someone told me the web designer looks after the forum, didn't think it was you mate. You look after your heath 1st mate.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

For those who don't have access to the members side of this forum, if the weather is kind to us and the BBQ is going ahead, if you want to add your numbers to the attendance, flip me an email at toddmo977@hotmail.com and I'll update with Bob on food and drinks tally.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(12-12-2016, 08:32 PM)Spook Wrote:  
(12-12-2016, 05:50 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  If anyone is interested in taking over the role of Club Secretary they can then fix the problems of the Forum.

Sorry Chris, but someone told me the web designer looks after the forum, didn't think it was you mate. You look after your heath 1st mate.

Whilst Kieran takes care of the technical side of the Forum it is still up to the Secretary to feed him the information to change.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

In case anyone was wondering

Yes another xmas wash out, with more wet weather to come this week.

January forecast is looking better with a lot drier days.

2017 forecast january below link

http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/sydney/...=1/01/2017

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

HI All,

Went down for some flights today, great day for it btw. However, the lock on the 2nd gate seems to be broken and would not re latch. I have left it on the pole. I am off to Newcastle for Christmas so if any Committee Member ventures down to have a look at it you may need to buy a new one.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

OK Chris. If I end up down there tomorrow I'll have a look at it...

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

2nd gate lock is in working order, go to members only for combination change.
I did not change the combination, as with a lock on the club box, somehow it has changed one of the dials.

PST, after being stung by a wasp, the wasp nest under the 2nd gate post where the council have access to their lock has been destroyed....... OUCH.......

The lock has been fixed its back to the origanal combination

(21-12-2016, 11:47 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  HI All,

Went down for some flights today, great day for it btw. However, the lock on the 2nd gate seems to be broken and would not re latch. I have left it on the pole. I am off to Newcastle for Christmas so if any Committee Member ventures down to have a look at it you may need to buy a new one.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Not sure what the field will be like after 2 days constant rain, some very heavy. Will check first thing tomorrow and post accordingly.
Members are asked that if they venture down please check for the sign saying "no driving in", thanks.

Thanks, Chris.
Weather looks good for tomorrow morning, let's hope we find the field in 'acceptable' condition.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

(06-01-2017, 02:33 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Not sure what the field will be like after 2 days constant rain, some very heavy. Will check first thing tomorrow and post accordingly.
Members are asked that if they venture down please check for the sign saying "no driving in", thanks.

Went down this morning...ok I was an optimist... hoping to get just a few flights... not long there and put the planes away, didnt get a flight. Water on the strip in usual places and road in... was more rain later in the day so tomorrow expecting it will be drive in.

Nice rainbow though over field though

Photo 

Stopped by the field around 5pm, lots of water on the runways.
Sorry, took some good photos but couldn't work out how to attach them.
Except for pools of water at the bottom of the driveway, the ground along the treeline is still pretty firm in regard to car access. Chris will make that decision. Probably no point with the state of the runways though, water may recede overnight but runways will probably still be pretty soggy.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hi all...
Posting this on behalf of chris...he is down the field ...and its flyable
Drive in are allowed as the ground is firm
No wind so far...i also will b down there in a while
Hope to see more of u guys today
Regards

Good day flying today. Tomorrow looks a ripper, warm, sunny and light winds.

Would be nice to see a good roll out of Members instead of the usual 3-5 we have been getting lately.

(07-01-2017, 03:56 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Good day flying today. Tomorrow looks a ripper, warm, sunny and light winds.

Would be nice to see a good roll out of Members instead of the usual 3-5 we have been getting lately.

I will b down there before my kids wake up Leet

Anybody coming tomm...the wind seems ok till now on willys...sunday isnt tht good...i m charging batteries to fly tomm...

I will be out tomorrow with the CL84 Tilt Wing and HK G2 AutoGyro amongst others.

Does anyone know if the field got a mow this week with all the hot weather?

Or is it a big wheel and belly lander day?

The guys mowed a couple of days ago, so they must have braved the heat. Damn hot now, even after midnight, still over 30 deg in Cherrybrook. Going to sleep on the couch with air con. Bedroom aircon is dead and upstairs is very hot.
Not sure about tomorrow - forecast is for another hot day but showers as well, morning and evening. Have worked on a couple of planes and want to get them in the air. Will see how it looks in the morning. Hmm, haven't charged batteries ...

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Not sure how the field held up after today's rain which fell for about 45 minutes. Winds is mild to moderate and maybe a shower 1-5 mils.

Sunday is looking much better, no rain and light winds.

I won't be there till 10am so whomever gets there early may want to put a post on here or the FB page.

I'm also doing Sunday. Wind 20-25k.
Tomorrow's forecast is 30-45k wind.

John Jelovic

(20-01-2017, 06:50 PM)helijeli Wrote:  I'm also doing Sunday. Wind 20-25k.
Tomorrow's forecast is 30-45k wind.

I always use Willy Weather and put in postcode 2146 and that doesn't say as high as you state.

Sunday it is

Hey Chris,

What are the field conditions like ?

Has the rain affected the field ?

Just the usual wet spots ?

thanks,

James

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

Usual wet spots, main strip is okay to fly, had 3 myself.

Tomorrows looking to be a good day.

I will be out about 9.30

No wind, no Rain, heading down about 9. Happy Australia Day.

Wish I could've joined you, but got people to see and places to go today.....

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO ALL :-)

Saturday, light winds, rain after 2pm. I will be there early to open up.

Thread Closed