Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

(16-01-2015, 08:05 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  What a cracker day forecast for tomorrow, rain wise (or lack there-of) however get there early as wind forecasted to pick up after 11am. Strip closely mowed yesterday (by yours truly) but somewhat narrowed and shortened.
My usual opening time 8.00 - 8.30 am will continue.
See you all there

I plan to beat you there, just so I can get my spot lol.
I don't plan being there long unfortunately.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

The weather is looking good for the Australia Day weekend. And a reminder that on Sunday the Committee is putting on a BBQ for Pilots and their families.

See you all Sunday.

With Sunday predicted to be a hot day the BBQ will be a brunch event so those Pilots who are at the field early to avoid the heat will be able to get breakfast. All going well food will be served from 9am.

Special thanks to our chef Craig for getting extra early and manning the BBQ.

See you at McCoy.

Field is open & ready for flying

Is anyone flying tommorow ?

Looks like weather will be cooler and by the looks coastal rain only.

SteveSmile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Sorry guys but I am giving Margaret the pleasure of my company tomorrow. If anybody is opening early, please post here for the benefit of those without the combination.

I'll be there early
See you there

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The field will be open early for some mowing duties. Flying should be able to commence 8.30 - 9.00 dependant of what can be achieved from an earlier mowing start.

Field mowed & ready to fly

Another cracker weekend forecast. Light clouds & wind with a top temp 28deg. I intend opening 8.00 - 8.30 am to set up the field, see you there.

Will be there, for my papers and a bit of a flap.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

My A380 training is well and truly over..successfully I might add!! The problem now is, my trips away are anything up to 10days at a time...mostly over weekends Frown I guess I'll see you guys when I see you. Hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so I might get a weekend at home. Have fun.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(06-02-2015, 10:42 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  My A380 training is well and truly over..successfully I might add!! The problem now is, my trips away are anything up to 10days at a time...mostly over weekends Frown I guess I'll see you guys when I see you. Hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so I might get a weekend at home. Have fun.

Will be good to see you again BB, is a shame you can't get to the field more often to fly. I guess you will have to settle for flying slightly bigger birds.
PS. congrats on getting your new wings.

We had a few sprinkles of rain this morning which momentarily dampened the field but not our spirits. As for tomorrow, no rain or cloud or wind forecast but 34 deg temp, so bring plenty of fluids to keep hydrated & perhaps shade. I intend opening about 8.00ish as normal. See you there.

Mono Coupe recovered, nil damage!

Hi Wayne

Sorry but I can't make it this weekend, hopefully next weekend but I'll post to let you know

No worries, this weekend does not look promising anyway. No need to let me know if u not flying, just let me know the night before if you are.

Just had a look at the field and it has been freshly mowed but a bit restricted at the recently filled area opposite the pilot box. Otherwise the strip is firm to fly on This is despite nearly 30mm rain in my rain gauge 2.5kn SE of the field. We are having a bushcare day starting about 8.00am for a few hours and please be aware that whist we have volunteers scrambling through the reeds, there is no flying. The showers forecast for tomorrow are not expected until afternoon, so should be a good day.

Few sprinkles of rain this arvo but shouldn't affect flying tomorrow. If more rain tonight, I will inspect the field early in the morning. Otherwise I will open at 8.00 ish again.

It poured for about half an hour around my way from about 5PM so I hope McCoy didn't get a good drenching.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I am at the field and no evidence of substantial rain overnight. Strip is firm for flying. Skies looking ominous for more rain. Your own call for flying. I will open 8ish but no guarantee for how long I will stay. Nothing on rain radar.

Forecast for tomorrow not looking too good, a high (80%) chance of 10-15mm rain/showers. I am a bit reluctant to commit to opening tomorrow & will leave it until the morning to decide. Watch this space in the morning

(20-02-2015, 08:33 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Forecast for tomorrow not looking too good, a high (80%) chance of 10-15mm rain/showers. I am a bit reluctant to commit to opening tomorrow & will leave it until the morning to decide. Watch this space in the morning

I think that's a bit unfair of you Wayne. I expect you to open at 8 and sit in gumboots and under an umbrella waiting for everyone to turn up. Biggrin

(20-02-2015, 10:17 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  
(20-02-2015, 08:33 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Forecast for tomorrow not looking too good, a high (80%) chance of 10-15mm rain/showers. I am a bit reluctant to commit to opening tomorrow & will leave it until the morning to decide. Watch this space in the morning

I think that's a bit unfair of you Wayne. I expect you to open at 8 and sit in gumboots and under an umbrella waiting for everyone to turn up. Biggrin

Chris, as long as you are committed to holding the umbrella for me

Rain radar not looking too bad at this stage & minimal rain overnight. Will head to the field for a setup 8.00 - 8.30. See you there

(21-02-2015, 06:49 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  
(20-02-2015, 10:17 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  

Chris, as long as you are committed to holding the umbrella for me

Rain radar not looking too bad at this stage & minimal rain overnight. Will head to the field for a setup 8.00 - 8.30. See you there

I have granddaughter duties today, see you tomorrow.

Left the field about 12ish today & field filling with water. Is raining now & likely to make the field unflyable tomorrow. I am golfing tomorrow so will rely on somebody else to post on opening if game.

I will be at the field by 8.30 to open up. Wind looks good, scattered rain overnight.

Field solid, water in normal places.
Winds light, here in my own.
Main strip only, cross strip take off area needs mowing.

Sorry guys, heading out west to fly tomorrow. Field should be in ship shape for a fly tomorrow. Please post if you are opening in the morning.

I'll be there, not sure if I'll be as early as you, Wayne, but I'll be there as early as I can and will open up if I am first there. Aiming for 8.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"
Thread Closed