Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Forecast for wind today has changed. Winds increasing to over 20kph expected after 10am. Best to get in for early flights today

Thanks Wayne ,see you there.

An update from yesterday - I owe someone an OrangeRX 6ch receiver (which I had at home, but not at the field). Can they remind me so I can repay them.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

That would have been "Chook".

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I have someone's fold up chair, it was left at the field on Saturday. Its in my car so catch me at the field next Saturday or Sunday.

Felt good dusting of the wings and flying again today, just brought one plane down, the good ol' Funfighter T28.

Happily joined the "High Voltage" club and clipped the lines today, spewing when I saw it tumbling after the strike on the uppermost lines on the tower, Just about to give up and commence the walk of fame, but then the mighty plane resumed control and I was able to limp it back to the runway safely.

To my amazement this is how it returned!!!

Apart from the noisy prop sound and lack of power, it flew nicely back to terrafirma. Quick change of the prop and it was back up 10mins later.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

You can join the "I survived and landed" club. There is one other member inducted this year. I think Wingtipper was the other inductee. A full on smack in to the wires and a piloted 'limp' back to the strip with thumbs dancing on those controls.

(04-08-2013, 05:23 PM)Servo Wrote:  I have someone's fold up chair, it was left at the field on Saturday. Its in my car so catch me at the field next Saturday or Sunday.

Hi Kevin, if it's a black one I think thats mine, I pick it up next weekend. Thanks.

yep . i survived the wires and landed club is a privileged club indeed ! very good to see others in it . well done mate .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(05-08-2013, 01:25 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  yep . i survived the wires and landed club is a privileged club indeed ! very good to see others in it . well done mate .

I didn't quite make that club, however I did join the "Hit the Pylon and plummet to earth in many many pieces" Club! I'm sure I'm not the only member of that one!Biggrin

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

I've survived the wires and landed with no damage save for a dent in the leading edge of the wing. first and only time I've had contact with them. Funny thing was I was just thinking my little red Yak was getting a little close when I clipped them.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

hoping to be there tomorrow f all goes well with the weather . around 10 am . i'll be taking the mx2 . the foamy yak and the rarebears .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Good stuff I'll be there probably aroung lunc time or if I'm luchy a little before
We'll have to get the pylons set up for a bit of practice !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

sweet

Sorry guys I wont be able to do my usual early morning open & field setup. Wont get there until about 10am, got a HK parcel to pick up from the post office & some new lenses for my glasses.

Hoping to get down to the field tomorrow, depends if/when my instructor will be there. On a related note, does anyone know if someone rated to assess bronze wing certification will be there tomorrow morning?

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

Hi Guys,
/Will be down in the morning but need A LOT of help putting together my Bixler.

I'm packing the car and will be there shortly

Looking perfect for tomorrow!

George, if you're coming down, any chance I could borrow your FatShark's for a couple of flights?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I'll be there early tomorrow

See you there !!

The weather gods are shining on us for tomorrow. No rain & low single digits kph winds.
I intend opening up 8-8.30am as usual. Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Dont forget AGM 11am. Non-members are also welcome to attend, a perfect oportunity for all to learn a bit more about our club, what we have done & what direction we are headed.

(10-08-2013, 07:55 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Looking perfect for tomorrow!

George, if you're coming down, any chance I could borrow your FatShark's for a couple of flights?

No problem see u then

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I wil be there around 10.30am. Better dust off something that flies.

Not looking good for tomorrow, 8am wind forecast is a gusty 23kph increasing as the day progresses. We saw about 4 planes bite the dust last weekend with slight winds. Although it is good to get used to flying in the wind, last time I flew in similar wind, my Rhapsody ended up in the repair corner at home. I have a few build projects that will more suitably occupy my time tomorrow.
I will review the wind forecast in the morning and may fly if conditions are more favourable.

I probably won't be down tomorrow as I have to go and buy a car for the new job (yeah sorry guys, no more donuts).

Wife was helping pick out a new one with questions like.....are you after luxury.....no I said.....performance.....no......mileage.....no....so what are you after damnit....something to fit the planes in lol. I think they could hear her groan in Melbourne.

Some wives just dont understand priorities. Maybe a stretch wagon might be in order.
Is anybody going to brave the wind tomorrow?

Yep, I was hoping to bid on that chair!! Helis don't feel the wind that much so I'll b down there tomorrow.

I'll be down as well. My balsa trainer isn't too bad in the wind. Will make a judgement on my Helis. They might not feel the wind too much, but still makes me nervous!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

By 9.00am the now almost calm winds are forecast to exceed 35kph, I take my hat off to anybody willing to fly in that (the word Kamikaze springs to mind). In my build chair I will stay. Dont see much point in multiple trips up & down 3 flights of stars to load & unload my car for less that 1 or 2 flights.
My wind guage tree is waving it's arms saying "danger Will Robinson, danger"

(17-08-2013, 07:48 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  By 9.00am the now almost calm winds are forecast to exceed 35kph, I take my hat off to anybody willing to fly in that (the work Kamikaze springs to mind). In my build chair I will stay. Dont see much point in multiple trips up & down 3 flights of stars to load & unload my car for less that 1 or 2 flights.
My wind guage tree is waving it's arms saying "danger Will Robinson, danger"

"Does Not Compute, Does Not Compute"
"Never Fear Smith Is here"

Steve Biggrin

I'm Down Tommorow hopefully better, might pop in betwen jobs today to check it out.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile
Thread Closed