Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Heading down now

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks for the mowing efforts Chris, Ron & Pete, very much appreciated.
Although the weather doesn't look too promising tomorrow, I am hoping the rain holds off long enough to reap the benefits of our mowing brigade for at least a mornings fly.
I should be at the field between 8 & 8.30 to set up the pilot box, cones & wind sock.

I will be down early in the morning to assist with membership renewals... hopefully the weather will hold.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

The weather will hold, it has to because I have to look after the little ones in the morning and won't be able to do much until mum finishes work which will be the afternoon.
The boys and I might drop by the field in the morning for a look and chat tho'

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The wind looks reasonable today & is certainly calm at the moment........ but rain?..... hmmmmm. Weather radar shows rain off the coast but moving in. Everything looks wet outside so I presume overnight rain which would provide a soggy field, and with more to come. My decision is a build day at home. I dont fancy packing the car & setting up the field for an uncomfortable days flying.
At least Phoenix is dry Smile

As per Samste's post the field is not in a flyable condition and I believe should be avoided until it is more solid underfoot for the sake preventing field & plane damage. I wont be flying this weekend and will utilise free time as per Samste's suggestion & finish rebuilding the MSXR.

Latest report is that the field is flyable for this week end, however there is still a lot of water soaked into the ground and it may not be practical to drive our cars into the pits area. A decision on letting cars in will be made on Saturday morning so if you are coming down be prepared to have to walk in.

As of 9am Saturday our man at the field the Flying Fisho has reported that the strip is flyable and that its ok to park on the field so the gate is open. However there are a few wet patches still on thegrounds so please take care where you drive in. Cones have been placed to indicate the wet patches.

Note that if the grounds starts to show distress then you may be asked to park at the top of the ramp.

I'm heading down to the field for a day flying very soon

Just got about a 30 min mod to do to my Edge 540 hopefully by then the liops will be charged as well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I too planning to head down but after lunch after I get some things done

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi guys & thanks Chris for the field update, I must admit I was a but worried about being able to fly at McCoy this weekend after Tuesdays rain on an already damp field.
I should be at the field about 8.30ish to open up & set up the strip for a fly. Not much point in getting there any earlier because even at that time the grass is still quite dew dampened making for messy planes.
I have my new MXSR ready to fly but will only be flying it further west until I get more comfortable landing the heavy sucker. Am trying to fly at my home club at least one day each weekend and as I am playing golf on Sunday (need the exercise Biggrin ) , the MXSR will have to wait until next week for it's remaiden (new frame same power train).

well mate what weight is the plane . that weekend might be a good time to re maiden my new frame same power train also . cheers .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Weighs in at 5.3kg but even though has a 1.66m wingspan the actual wings are pretty much the same size as the 1.55m 2.8kg MX2 (bug chunky fuse). Needs a long approach without trees that swallow planes (last frames demise at McCoy)

There was a light shower when I was packing the car. Waited till passed. Leaving shortly

Unfortunately could not make it Down Today, But Hoping the Weather is nice Tommorow Morning for Some Air Time and Buddy Box Flying Help if Anyone needs it.

Steve Smile

I'll be down for an early start in the morning !! probably stay all day if I can Smile Smile Biggrin !!

I'm just loading up the car should be there in about 35 mins

Has been a while but Willy has presented us with a ZERO % chance of rain & sub 10kph winds all day tomorrow & mostly under 15kph on Sunday. What a cracker weekend for flying Biggrin Biggrin . I will be at the field to open up between 8-8.30. See you all there tomorrow, there will be plenty to smile about Thumbup Thumbup .

Yes, forecast looks great. Had thoughts of doing something useful around the house, but Nah! Just a waste of perfect flying weather! Will be there around 8:45am.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hope y'all have a good day. I was coming down but seems I have a little car work to do before I go anywhere...

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

What a Great Day Out, I only Flew a Couple Flights but it was great conditions, Buddied Bob up with his New Trojan till he ran out of Lipos and he flew well, good stuff Bob.

Weather was Perfect and many enjoying a nice day out which was great to See.

Steve Biggrin

I'm heading to the filed right now Smile
See you there !!!

I will be Down later in Morning Tommorow weather Permitting, around 11am

Steve Smile

I will finally be able to make it tomorrow. Will try to arrive a bit after 11 so that my forgotten instructor Steve B has his own time to get there.

Ben.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

I won't be at the field this weekend, I'll be pylon racing at Pitt Town
YEeeeeee HAAAAaaaaaaaaa Smile

Its time for oily hands again !
srl

I will be at the field again tomorrow 8 - 8.30 as per usual to set up field for another great day's flying. Willy says negligible winds in the morning increasing to 10 - 15 kph in the arvo. See you all there

(02-08-2013, 10:02 PM)srl Wrote:  Its time for oily hands again !
srl

Yep love the smell of caster in the morning Smile

There's nothing quite like the sound of 4 engines screaming at once anxious to be let loose onto the course.

(03-08-2013, 12:10 AM)secant0give Wrote:  
(02-08-2013, 10:02 PM)srl Wrote:  Its time for oily hands again !
srl

Yep love the smell of caster in the morning Smile

There's nothing quite like the sound of 4 engines screaming at once anxious to be let loose onto the course.

When does the racing start and is it OK for spectators, I have a learner driver wanting a reason to take a drive tomorrow afternoon.

It's practice tomorrow from about lunch time onwards.
Racing is on Sunday from 9 till about 4-430 ish

Spectators or partisipants are very welcome both days bring a plane and have a fly around the course tomorrow if you like, anything will do, just have a go. Smile or come for a look there will be plenty of racing models flying tomorrow.

I'm aiming to get out there before 11 there are often turbines flying in the morning, they can be interesting to watch as well

see the PRCACrarebear racing team thread for directions, It's on Pitt Town bottoms rd

Thread Closed