Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anybody have some spare ESCs / Motors + Membership question

Hi all,

I would like to play around with making a plane over the next few days, but I need a motor and esc.

i have a receiver and 5030 props I was gonna try and use, and i would like to improvise the rest.

Does anybody have a spare motor and ESC and could meet up in parramatta tomorrow or the next day? Smile

Also, what is the current yearly membership fee for the club? Smile

Thanks!

Hi Count,

Can't help you out with motors etc but you could try Ultimate Hobbies on Victoria Road, Parramatta.

Membership is $150 per year plus a once off joining fee.

Check out the facts on the membership section of the website.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Link To Membership Fees etc

http://www.rcflyingclub.com/membership/

Thinking out loud using a 5030 prop approx, dependant on motor type, gws 5030 prop

2200kv motor, 3s lipo,, 350 grams thrust, 8 amps, plane weight 200 - 400 grams max

A rare bear using a 1950kv on 4s lipo 20 amp esc, flying weight 350 -400 grams with a 5.5/4.5 sports prop, would be less amps with 5030 prop

So many scenarios depending on what your planning to build, and what your building.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If your looking for something easy and quick to build and great fun to fly, check out the First Step build log. It's a great little 3 channel trainer and its quick and easy to build. I knocked it up over a 3 day weekend and has been one of my favorite planes because it flies and handles so well.

As for motors and ESC's and other stuff, I generally order from HobbyKing.

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Hey Mick, haven't seen or heard from you for a while,
Probably got some top secret build in the process, hope alls well and kepping busy like myself.

SteveSmile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hey Steve,
Work and family and finance have kept me away for a bit, hopefully will make a triumphant return soon. As for build projects, lets just say I'm currently working on something that has canards!

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Very interesting indeed !!

Canards !!

Would you start a new thread with some pics please Mick?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci