Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pylon Racing at Pittown on Sat Sun 1st & 2nd Aug

It's on again Pylon Racing at Pittown
Come along and have a fly and see what pylon is all about on Saturday afternoon Come and have a go at Racing on Sunday!!

New pilots are always welcome and there's plenty of other ways to get involved. like being a caller or doing some time keeping in the cage. or just cheering on the Lads from PRCAC

It's an entertaining day and there's allways some good flying to watch as well

Hope to see you there !!

Post up if you want more info or visit nswpylon.org

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It's easy to find, go west along Windsor rd turn right at the McGrath's Hill Pub continue for a little while turn left on to Pittown Bottoms rd continue for a while until you see the orange shed on the right turn right and follow the drive way down to the field.
If you get there around 10 or 11 on Saturday you'll probably get to see some turbine powered machines flying, there often out there on Saturday morning if the weather's nice

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Oh yes !! What a top days racing Sunday was!!

Jag managed to crack the 70 second barrier twice in F400. That's not far short of an average of 300 Klicks over the 5km course. It was a display of blistering speed, brilliant engine tuning and better than usual calling that won the day from a field of 5. With Stew Maxwell taking second and pistol Pete Kerny grabbing 3rd.

Q-500 was AWESOME with James Many taking 3rd Dr Ian Le Bronne in 2nd and yours truly taking 1st place. After a long night of finishing two race planes streached into the wee small hours of Sunday, I was literally binding the radio and setting up the throttle linkage at about 1/4 past 2am. Then up at 1/4 to 6 to get out there to have enough time to test fly, trim and tune the engines, it was quite an anxious morning. But somehow the stress seemed to focus me or perhaps it was the 5 liters of red bull kicking in along with the addition of a new bubbless bladder tank to keep the mixture constant to the faithfull Thundertiger 46. Maybe it was the gleaming new graupner 10x6 sonic propeller. I'm certain that my caller Frank D AKA "wing tipper" played a major roll with inspired calling and tactical advice. Everything seemed just to fall into place and I think my raw times for the first 3 races were all sub 100 seconds and with only one cut for the entire day and the next bracket's times in the very low 100s despite the ferocious wind that sprang up, I couldn't have been happier !!

Nice to hear, Well Done SmileSmileSmile

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

YEP IT WAS A GREAT DAYS FLYING THATS FOR SURE .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .