Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fisho Darwin trip

Arrived 1.00am, up at 5.00. On bus at Kakadu after river cruise. Cant work out how to add photos on my phone.

Arrived at motel im Kakadu, was given key to room 5 mins before close. Opened room & already occupied. Raced back to reception & was shut. Knocked on door until answered & was given key to an upstairs room. After friendly ❓negotiations, got an upgraded room for the night.
Next day a boat cruise & off to Katherine. Better luck this time with rooms Smile

Have fun Wayne and take heaps of Pics!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Wayne I always thought you were supposed to rest and recuperate after a heart attack.Will you try to take it easy, your making me feel tired .

Typical Wayne. Always up for a threesome in some random motel.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Can't whinge about Service, but didn't say occupied by male/female or both.....LOL

The guy who came to the door was as unhappy with reception as we were and was glad he put the door chain on. Am back at Darwin now without an occupancy dispute but had to visit Woollies in the morning to get bread & vegemite for breakfast as this motel does not provide breakfast.

I hope you're having fun up there Wayne.

Personally, I'd be tempted to go check out the local RC flying club, just for the sake of doing something different while on holiday. My wife would then shoot down that idea with an 88mm flak gun Wink

(I'm overseas for ten days, hence the 4am posts.)

Just got back from Darwin Aeromodellers Club. Tarred 150m runway plus numerous cross strips. Mostly big gassers being flown. Margaret happily sat in car while I chatted. Payback is that I do the same at her quilting shop tomorrow. Day before yesterday visited aircraft museum & got up close & personal with a B52 that governed the whole of a big hangar/showroom. It dwarfed a Sabre & F111 amongst other less significant planes.

Got home from Darwin 8.00am this morning after the red-eye flight (1.45 am Darwin time 2.15 Sydney time). Time now for some shut-eye under the doona for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. Brrrrrrrrrrr.