Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Luskintyre RC Scale Festival

Anyone been to this before, its a 3 day event, this weekend.

http://www.rcscalefest.com.au/

Has it been a good event in the past, ie number, variety and size of models??

I've never been but it sounds like a good weekend

I'm planning on going to the large scale racing in Canbera later this year
That should be a lot of fun!! I've got a machine to race in the "red ball" class hopefully I can get it finished test flown and get a bit of stick time with it before then from memory it's a month in two away

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hello all.

Luskintyre is about 10 km from where I live now. Will be going there Friday and Saturday.

Craig is an aeronautical engineer I know and works at the airfield. He has a beautiful Gloster Gladiator with a 60cc 9 cylinder four stroke glow engine that sounds as near to the real thing that you can get. He built a special muffler to make it that way. He won Top Gun in the USA the year before last with it. He is now building a half scale RC biplane. He has a Sopwith Triplane that is so big it just fits through the vehicle gate to wheel it to the strip at COMSOA where I now fly. Hope this whets your interest to come up and have a look. All planes will be scale types and fly competitively Saturday and Sunday. Friday is practice day.

Hope to see some of you there.