Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Neuroplasticity

I think there are strong parallels between that video and the world of RC flight Smile

For me personally, every major flying milestone so far has been a repeat of that same "I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't... oh wait, now I can" experience. Sometimes the transition to "I can" happened when I was demoralized and least expecting it.

Has anyone else experienced that same feeling?

Knowledge != Understanding .... yep, that's me with women ... and I ain't made the "I can" moment there yet!

Steve Murray

I'm definately not going to try changing from Mode 1 to Mode 2 after that video.
Learning to fly RC Helis has made me realize how much dedication and practice is required to master some difficult things. And after 3.5 years at Helis, I only consider myself to be at an intermediate level. I recently decided to self teach myself piano. My 10 year old son has been studying it since 4, and after recently aquiring a good quality real one (previous one was electric), I consider it a similar challenge to learning Helis. Sometimes I enjoy it and sometimes its frustrating and seems too hard - Yep, same as Helis!
But you persist as its very satisfying when you make noticeable progress.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Yes playing music certainly has a lot of those I can suddenly do it moments

Its funny how it's easier to practice the piano for an hour than get even 15 mins stick time in!!
even so it would take me around 20-30 hours to learn a new piece properly if I had the time these days

So I think music is technically harder to learn but flying has the minimum proximity factor and stress levels are more to contend with cause no matter how badly you punish a piece of music you not going to crash a piano.

Playing music defiantly makes your mind more plastic, Christmas before last I decided to put some effort into playing the Harmonica so after almost 18 months of 1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon almost every day I feel like Im making some progress. Fortunately I can take a couple with me in the traffic which is how I manage to get the time.

Even so there are some things a bloke should never put his mind to. One of those is trying to understand women,
Even women don't understand women so what chance has a bloke got???
I'm not trying to be sexist or derogatory it's just part of their magic and charm
All you can do is accept the inevitable confusion and enjoy it for how fascinating it is

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci