Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

members in hospital

Hi guys, thought I would start a new thread on this subject so as to keep postings from straying of topic.
Surgery went to plan & day 2 is seeing a reduction of pain & on the road to recovery.
Many thanks to all who posted well wishes. Catch you guys at the field when I am mobile again, even for just a chat.

hang in there Ol' Fellow, If need anything give us a yell!!

(28-04-2015, 08:12 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Hi guys, thought I would start a new thread on this subject so as to keep postings from straying of topic.
Surgery went to plan & day 2 is seeing a reduction of pain & on the road to recovery.
Many thanks to all who posted well wishes. Catch you guys at the field when I am mobile again, even for just a chat.

Hi Wayne great to hear your going so well.Good idea about the new thread. I think the way things are going weather wise you will be back on the field by the time it dries out.I suspect you`ve arranged this but I just can`t workout how you did it.

Wayne, as your pain decreases, ours increase !! Smile

Good chatting to you earlier.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Hi Wayne, Glad to hear things went well!!
Take it easy mate I hope your not in too much discomfort.
We all whish you a speedy recovery and hope to catch up soon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Wayne, Apologies for late post! I am sorry to read you have had to make a visit to hospital but happy to read your last post bids well. All the best and see you down at the marsh...oooops, airfield, when you get better!

(28-04-2015, 08:12 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Hi guys, thought I would start a new thread on this subject so as to keep postings from straying of topic.

Get well soon mate! Ciao Marco

Get well soon Wayne!
Ciao Marco

This is a short-lived thread as I am now out of hospital recovering at home. It is amazing how many previously simple tasks now raise the pulse & push the pain button. Many thanks again to all the well wishers.
Lets hope this thread does not need to be used again in the near future but helps us keep tabs on those who fall ill enough to use it.

Good to hear you're back home and recovering Wayne. Time to hit the sim Smile

Hi, Wayne. Good to see you on the mend, with modern medicine these days recovery is a lot quicker.

Kind regards, Bob

Great news to hear your at home,
Take care mate we'll catch up soon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Wayne,How are things going,have not heard from from you for a while ,when are you getting down to the field .Regards Pete.

Hi Pete, nice to hear from you.
I have been up and about, even went to indoor flying last night, courtesy of my chauffeur Steve Lange. Did not fly but was great to catch up with a few guys.
I am still on pain killers but their need is gradually abating. Got 27 stitches removed from my left leg today together with the depilatory wound dressing covering my sternum wound. Remind me to never contemplate waxing any of my hairy body parts.
I have had Margaret offer to drop me off at the field with a chair the next time our field is open for business & also look forward to a chinwag with my flying colleagues. Wont be long before I hope to also fly again.
Cheers,
Wayne.

Really glad to hear you are doing well Wayne. Hopefully we can catch up over the weekend.

Regards Kevin

Good stuff Wayne. If Margaret needs a break and you need a lift to or back from the field, just holler, happy to chauffeur, Im sure I'm not the only one either... just ask!

'Lack of transport' will not be accepted as an excuse for not coming down to the field!!

They say laughter is the best medicine, but it does not match up with the well wishes & offers of support from you guys.
This is what makes our club such a great club and a pleasure to be associated with.
Thanks guys.

Hi Wayne, Looks like you will be back just in time for the field to dry out.You will not have missed a thing. Pete!

G'day Wayne,

Its really good to hear your well along the road to recovery!!
Look very much forward to catching up in person soon

All the very best and take care now

It's a cheery title for a thread - definitely eye-catching.
Glad you got it all sorted though, Wayne - a lot of people don't get more than one bite of the proverbial! Now, I expect you'll be saving lots of money by not spending it on fags from here on in - very good news for HobbyKing!
See you at the field ... sometime.

Steve Murray

Am back in Westmead again. Woke up this morning short of breath & chest pains. ECG & Echo showed OK. CT scan soon & overnight for observation. Not a good way for Margaret to spend her birthday :-(

Mate, I think you just like Nurses !!! Take care buddy, keep us informed....by the way, I still have dibbs on your fleet.

Wayne your back in Westmead AGAIN! and guess what it`s raining AGAIN! your doing it on purpose .NOW STOP IT!!!

Knock it off Wayne. I have enough pressure on about Examswithout worrying about. Get Well, Mate!!

(19-05-2015, 06:55 PM)ptk Wrote:  Wayne your back in Westmead AGAIN! and guess what it`s raining AGAIN! your doing it on purpose .NOW STOP IT!!!

Have fluid on lungs. Going to have them drained shortly. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Ive got a wet and dry vac thats good for sucking up water and fluids,

Take care mate and get better soon as i might need a buddyand buddy lead when i take my plane up for a fly.

SmileSmileSmileSmile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Goodness me Wayne,

Time to leave the nurses alone eh!

Rest well, I'm sure you'll be back in no time

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Local anesthetic for inserting drain through side of chest not fully successfully. When finished pain levels through the roof & could barely breathe, thank god for morphine. Will continue to have pain until drain removed tomorrow. Will be relying on Endone & oxygen via nasal thingy for sleep tonight.

Take it easy Wayne and get well soon!!

Nearly a litre of fluid drained & pain subsided. Don't want to play this game any more get me off the roundabout.

(20-05-2015, 03:26 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Nearly a litre of fluid drained & pain subsided. Don't want to play this game any more get me off the roundabout.

I had water on the brain once...they gave me a "tap" on the head