Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

members in hospital

Quote:I had water on the brain once...

Aledegedly

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

HI Wayne,Don`t bother with that soft morphine stuff for pain It`s weak .I can get a bag of stuff .That will have You back on the field on Saturday with no pain at all .You will be doing barrel rolls and Cuban eight`s, you won`t even need a plane .Just say the word man ,what are friends for!!! Pete

Home again this time with a little toy to help me increase my lung capacity & prevent recurrence of Tuesday's fiasco. Looks like fluid around lung caused by shallow breathing after surgery (deep breathing was painful). Still having short spasms of pain but with decreasing frequency, however on the upside, breathing is less painful now that fluid has ben removed and will make exercising lungs with machine easier. Many thanks to all the well wishers and a much bigger thanks to my darling Margaret who stayed by my bedside for the whole of her birthday. I owe her bigtime but will probably pay bigtime when able Biggrin

Hang in there Ol" boy! Anything you need, driver, torment, wheelchair just yell at me. Just think of the aircraft you can buy with the spare ciggie money now! Smile)

Thanks or your wishes & offers of assistance Russ. Am coping much better now, start physio tomorrow so may be a different story tomorrow night.

good luck tomorrow Wayne !!

I'm sure it'll go well.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Wayne
I've been away from this thread for a while now and I miss the old PRCAC troops. Sorry to hear your not well and worse... not flying. Hope you get better soon so we can see you at PEMAC flying with us again soon.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Thanks George, say hello to the PEMAC guys for me. I should be able to drive again 2nd week in June & may venture west a few weeks later.

When you sick of indoors I can drive for you ,
but not tomorrow night will be at State of Origin and on the playing field too

(26-05-2015, 08:18 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Thanks George, say hello to the PEMAC guys for me. I should be able to drive again 2nd week in June & may venture west a few weeks later.

Margaret has been a regular chauffer during my non-driving period. All of my planes except my apprentice set my heart racing which I intend avoiding for a while, so PEMAC can wait. I would accept a lift to the pub if I was not also off the alcohol for a while. I am not trying to avoid you Russ & appreciate your kind offers. I will keep you in mind if needed though.
"will be at State of Origin and on the playing field too" ???????????? bit old for ballboy aren't you?????????

LOL Am one of many Volunteer Emergency Services being thanked by a Lap of Honour at this Game.

(26-05-2015, 09:04 PM)Flying Wrote:  Margaret has been a regular chauffer during my non-driving period. All of my planes except my apprentice set my heart racing which I intend avoiding for a while, so PEMAC can wait. I would accept a lift to the pub if I was not also off the alcohol for a while. I am not trying to avoid you Russ & appreciate your kind offers. I will keep you in mind if needed though.
"will be at State of Origin and on the playing field too" ???????????? bit old for ballboy aren't you?????????

Well he is shaped like a ball....just sayin'

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

(27-05-2015, 01:46 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Well he is shaped like a ball....just sayin'

nothin' like sinking the boot in is there Wink ?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Just visited my Cardiologist, he says my recovery progress is very good & more importantly am ABLE TO DRIVE AGAIN.
Said to Margaret on the way home "look out Broken Hill, here I come". Margaret over-ruled stating I have CEAP & Doctors appointments tomorrow. Seeing as the Cardiologist also stated I can drink alcohol again in moderation, downgraded the trip to Broken Hill to a drive to the pub this arvo whilst Margaret is at Aqua Fitness.

Glad to hear it mate. As no doubt you won't ever drink and drive I'm assuming your walking to the Pub. Smile

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

2 beers at the pub (can still count my beers to stay under .05). Tested my blood sugar when I got home & tallied 6.0 perfect.