Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy?

Wow lots of information. Thanks for the replies. Gonna take a little while to digest all of this.

First impressions though is very very expensive and quite possibly unaffordable.

Quote:I'll post the full parts list for the camera platform I'm using on the SK450 thread shortly.

I dropped your parts list into a spreadsheet and even without all the optional extra bits and pieces, it comes to near $500 which is way out of any price range that'd be set by "Chief Financial and Fun Prevention Officer". I'm sure I could do a cheaper verison, even the hobbyking one I linked to above and perhaps just upgrade the flight controller or something, I just don't know enough about it yet to make good decisions on bits to buy.

Quote:You could allways go for a 250 size racing quad they will carry a Gopro but not in the protective case

I don't know what a 250 size is. Come to think of it I don't know what a 450 size is either! Either way, if I was gonna put a gopro on one I'd be looking at using the protective case with it. I don't think I'd be game enough to fly without the case. When I do fly the GoPro on my Bixler I always use the protective case.

Quote:there is a micro version of the HK mega controller
Is this cheaper than the Mega Controller? Is there any reason why this can't be used on larger quads big enough to fly the gopro?

Quote:One thing you really want in a flight controller, to learn to fly multi rotors FPV, is Alt Hold mode.
This seems like a really good idea. I've looked at the HK website and they have pages of Flight Controllers ranging in price from $12 up to nearly $2000. Without going through each individual controller, would there be an easy way to work out which has this feature? or even if it's a controller worth looking at?

Alternately, how about a Tri-Copter design. Anyone had experience with one of these? I've seen some fairly cheap designs around the internet for Tri's.

Thanks for the info, although on the surface it looks like it's gonna be way out of my price range I will sit down and try and learn a bit more about them. I actually thought it'd be a lot more simple, a bit like, "ok for your budget buy this, buy that and a couple of those and there you go"

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Messages In This Thread
A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 22-04-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 23-04-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 10:34 AM