Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy?

You could allways go for a 250 size racing quad they will carry a Gopro but not in the protective case
I've never put a Gopro on mine to see how it flies but it goes for a bit over 5 mins with a 2200 pack
there is a micro version of the HK mega controller, Im using it and it works superbly!!

A lot of people put Mobius cams on 250 quads to fly around they are a lighter and cheaper option. 250 quads are a lot smaller and less stable than a 450 size quad but more manoeuvrable and more twitchy to fly and I think my 250 is also faster than the 450. I get nearly 15 mins out of the 450 tho' with a 5200 10C 3S pack and it certainly handles the wind much better making it a better camera platform.

One thing you really want in a flight controller, to learn to fly multi rotors FPV, is Alt Hold mode.
I can't stress this enough!! If you don't have alt hold mode you will crash, a lot, for sure, until you learn how to fly it FPV. The extra cost of a flight controller with alt hold will pay for it self after the first 3 FPV flights 'cause they will be 3 crashes with out it if you don't have a spotter and a buddy lead. I'm not a heli flyer by any stretch and I'm the first to admit it and I've found it not too bad to fly FPV with alt hold mode. After many flights I can now fly the 250 FPV with out alt hold but it's taken a fair bit of practice to get there. I've seen guys that can really fly helis well struggle flying FPV for the first times with out alt hold!! It makes that much difference!! the other option I would suggest if you havn't got alt hold is a buddy system but I can't say how good that is cause I've never tried it with a multi rotor.

"Alt hold" means you'll have a good chance of flying it FPV with out binning it if it's set up right with out "Alt hold" binning it is a certainty that's been my experience.

I forgot top mention if your keen on the SK450 frame I have some camera mount and VTX mount Kits that Tony Jones kindly Laser cut for me let me know if you want one

here's a link to some pics

http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=1226&pid=25997#pid25997

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Messages In This Thread
A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 22-04-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 23-04-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 10:34 AM