Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Free to a good home

A friend gave me his HK450 helicopter which he built a few years ago and never flew. It is complete except for a receiver, and the gear is all brand new:

- HK450GT flybar frame (copy of an Align T-Rex 450 "Sport")
- Belt-driven tail
- Cyclic servos: MG14 metal gear
- Tail servo: Turnigy DS480 digital
- Plush 40A ESC
- HK401B tail gyro
- Aerodrive xp X500-400 motor
- Revolectrix FMA Co-Pilot II flight stabilization system
- IR remote for the Co-Pilot
- Spare set of main blades

I already have a 450 of my own. Rather than watch this nicely built bird collecting dust for another few years on my shelf, I am giving it away to anyone who wants to get nudged into RC helicopters.

If that sounds like you, I have two simple requests:

1) Please be extremely cautious. This is NOT a machine for park flying. Its 70cm main rotor is big enough to do horrendous damage to anything unlucky enough to intersect with its arc. As a general rule, NEVER hook up the drive battery inside your house or workshop unless the blades have been removed, or the motor disconnected.

2) Please use it to learn or practice helicopter flying, instead of simply gutting it for parts. I'd feel bad otherwise, considering how it came to be sitting on my shelf Smile

I don't know much about flybars (all my helis are flybarless), but our club has several experienced heli pilots who would no doubt be willing to help with the initial setup. You could also ditch the single-axis tail gyro and the flybar head in favour of FBL.

If you are interested, just let me know and its yours the next time we meet at the field.

I've been keen to get into Helis for the longest time. I'll take it if it's still available.
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

It's all yours Mick.

If the weather is OK for flying this weekend (doesnt look so good!), I'll bring the heli and hopefully we can meet at the field. I'll post here one way or the other.

(10-03-2015, 01:22 PM)disoriented Wrote:  It's all yours Mick.

If the weather is OK for flying this weekend (doesnt look so good!), I'll bring the heli and hopefully we can meet at the field. I'll post here one way or the other.

Awesome, thank-you. I will be glued to my chair, quivering in anticipation and constantly hitting the "refresh" button until I see that post. BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Hi Mick,

I'll be at the field tomorrow morning and I'll bring the heli. If you can get there tomorrow - great. If not, we'll meet up some other time. No pressure at all.

Andre

(13-03-2015, 07:27 PM)disoriented Wrote:  Hi Mick,

I'll be at the field tomorrow morning and I'll bring the heli. If you can get there tomorrow - great. If not, we'll meet up some other time. No pressure at all.

Andre

OK I'll pop down in the morning sometime. Any idea what time you'll be there? Not sure how long I'll be able to stay though. See ya then.
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Say 10am in that case. I'm aiming to be at the field earlier, but 10 is a safe bet. I'll be there at least until 2pm or so.

Mick, I've got a couple of excellent setup guides for Flybarred Helis. I'll bring them down for you to borrow (indefinately - I've got PDF copies, so can reprint). Good rundown on all the theory. Start practicing on the Sim. You want to be used to what the sticks do before you get the real thing into the air. I'll be down around 9 this morning until afterlunch.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e