Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK product quality

Hello fella's,
I'm looking for parts to complete my new catalina. I haven't ordered from Hobbyking before and wondered what you guys have experinced regarding quality. I know the prices are very attractive but someone once said to me 'but cheap buy twice'! I've located the motors, ESC's, battery and servos that would work. Is there anything I should avoid going cheap on or is it pot luck? I was thinking whether it is a good idea to not scrimp on the servo's and go for something a bit more proven. Lots of the servo's don't have any reviews which worries me!
Thanks for any info,
Simon

(15-07-2010, 04:33 PM)sglnichols Wrote:  Hello fella's,
I'm looking for parts to complete my new catalina. I haven't ordered from Hobbyking before and wondered what you guys have experinced regarding quality. I know the prices are very attractive but someone once said to me 'but cheap buy twice'! I've located the motors, ESC's, battery and servos that would work. Is there anything I should avoid going cheap on or is it pot luck? I was thinking whether it is a good idea to not scrimp on the servo's and go for something a bit more proven. Lots of the servo's don't have any reviews which worries me!
Thanks for any info,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Personally I have purchased a fair bit from HK - no problems including lipo batteries / motors / etc...

As far as servos go Are you talking foamy version of Catlina? If so the HK sevos's are great. I've bought a lot & are reliable - Read the review!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...roduct=662

All the best,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Gday Simon

I agree with Ingo, the HK stuff I have purchased has been all ok.
The best bit is that most of the club are familiar with their products and Kieran does a kick ass job making it all happen. This HK caper which he set up and coordinates is a hobbyshop at your door.
Too good, too easy!

In regards to the servo's HK ones will be fine.

Cheers
Rob B

Cheers - confidance is with me now!
Also - some of you maybe interested - there is a special on the Durafly Spit on the HK website - looks a beautiful model and postage about 60 US dollars. model is 160US and only need ESC and batt to complete http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=10778

(15-07-2010, 09:10 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday Simon

I agree with Ingo, the HK stuff I have purchased has been all ok.
The best bit is that most of the club are familiar with their products and Kieran does a kick ass job making it all happen. This HK caper which he set up and coordinates is a hobbyshop at your door.
Too good, too easy!

In regards to the servo's HK ones will be fine.

Cheers
Rob B