Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

scratch building

hi guys

I'm scratch building as plane at the moment and am wondering were i can get hold of some piano wire i had some before but have run out and i got it from the castle hill hobby store which no longer exists

thanks ben

You might try Kellett's at Liverpool, give them a call first, they have a pretty good range of all accessories.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

(26-02-2015, 08:54 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  You might try Kellett's at Liverpool, give them a call first, they have a pretty good range of all accessories.

ok thanks ill give them a go

what are you using if for? you could also try Guitar strings, or Mig wire from a welder, I use mig wire for control rods works great

(01-03-2015, 02:39 PM)ipeifer Wrote:  what are you using if for? you could also try Guitar strings, or Mig wire from a welder, I use mig wire for control rods works great

im using them as push rods but i only need 1.2 ml thickness

Hey Ben, I work not far from Kellett's and intend going there this week. If you call them or let me know what you need I can pick them up for you. In box me your Mobile number.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Model railway shops appear to be still about I guess because of a strong second hand market. They of course will have the K& S bar. http://www.ksmetals.com/
I did a google search a while back and found two at Pendle Hill and West Ryde.
Anyone brave enough to go into one of them ?

With the dollar going lower again we will see a lot more building.

srl

(13-03-2015, 10:52 AM)srl Wrote:  Model railway shops ...
Anyone brave enough to go into one of them ?
Smile Yeh - you wouldn't want that youtubed would you?

(13-03-2015, 10:52 AM)srl Wrote:  With the dollar going lower again we will see a lot more building.
I hope you're right mate - would be a good shift!

Steve Murray

Here we go Steve.
http://www.woodpeckermodelrailways.com.au/
They mention the K&S products.

The dress code would ideally be an old St George jumper, track pants and base ball cap.

Members must go in pairs so that only the necessary purchases are made.

If you go with a child under 8 then don't worry about the above.

srl