Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

250 size Quad copters

(28-08-2016, 09:00 PM)symowallo Wrote:  
(28-08-2016, 08:28 PM)dfw Wrote:  I managed to get my Eachine 250 cc3d board to load CleanFLight firmware.

I first used an older Cleanflight version .bin file to reprogram the board to Cleanflight,
(hoping it would then allow me to update to 1.13 -Fat Hope- )
Ended up using Cleanflight firmware upgrade and an FTDI like serial programmer to load the latest cleanflight .hex (1.13)

It's working to the point were the serial receiver is responding (Lemon satellite in Uart 1)
Still need to work out the other settings (PID, Motor mapping etc )

Would anyone have a cleanflight base setting for the eachine 250 ?

Cheers,
Dirk.

Go with Betaflight on stock settings. The stock settings are more than flyable. You flash Betaflight the same way as Cleanflight. It is tuned much better out of the box than Cleanflight, but is based off the same codebase.

This is the easiest to follow guide: http://www.phasercomputers.com.au/2016/0...ete-guide/

Dirk very interested in your CF experience on eachine 250, are you using PPM? Here is what I have done... then undid it all!! (for benefit of others)

Used the phasercomputers instructions and flashed BetaFlight v2.9 to the eachine... flashed ok but only a solid green light, Cleanflight/BetaFlight connected and was reading the sensors but nothing else, no motor control, no blue light. Tried flash again BF same problem. (Simon you say you got this to work? what version of BF, do you recall?)

Flashed to CF v1.1 worked ok, able to connect all good... then getting into the channel mapping, and discovered Ch1 doesnt work... apparently an issue with CF on CC3d boards using PWM, it's just not available... bugger, I want an arming and a flight mode switch and only a 6 channel receiver. Would be same issue with BF I believe. Anyone using CF/BF on a CC3D with PWM connectors(one wire per channel), and still got a useable Ch1??

So flashed back to Libre v15.09... where I started 2 hrs earlier... my options I think are 1) get a PPM harness and use that, 2) new 8ch receiver, 3) stay on Libre.

Hi Rob,

I am not using PPM on my eachine, I use a lemon satellite receiver. (your option no 4 Smile )
I now use BetaFlight, but I am still not happy with my PID settings.

The stock PID settings using tri-blades were totally unstable.
I then tried to flash BL Heli in the ESC's and one got damaged in the process.
I now use KingKong BL heli ESC's with One-shot enabled.
The stock PID's are now stable but I don't like the speed of the roll axis. (too slow)
Need to spend more time on tuning next.

Cheers,

Dirk.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Rob - at the time I flashed it, it was around September last year so it would have been around 2.6 of Betaflight. My son doesn't fly this quad very much any more so we haven't upgraded it to 3.01 yet. But I am planning to.

Stock PIDs have been great for all of my quads (all 7 of them). No issues. Last week I raised "D" on roll and pitch for a couple of them, but other than that, they're all stock with Betaflight 3 settings.

Dirk, I wouldn't be mucking around with the PIDs to change the roll axis speed. That's more than likely a rates issue. Therefore you should work on the rates first. I would strongly recommend getting onto the latest Betaflight and reverting to all stock settings, and focus on the rates before changing PIDs. The rates have the biggest impact on flight characteristics, especially with the SuperExpo/Super Rates functionality in BF since 2.8.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Dont worry about a flight mode switch.
If someone else flies it and wants self level then just change it on the computer.
Your fine in rate mode when tuned and you wont go back, it feels like your fighting it all the time.
It can fly fine on Libre, it just forgets the transmitter sometimes and other small silly things but can easily fly as good when tuned.
Do you have the medalion on the firmware tab yet?

No, I havent been able to get that to go away and have updated to the latest libre fw... but it seems to work ok??

I cant remember what i had for breakfast let alone how i fixed that problem a year agoSmile
You have to sort that out, everything works but it does strange things and will not tune properly.
I think Painless 360 on you tube has the answer, he's brilliant.
Once you got that sorted we can tune at the field real quick, rates then PID's.
Good luck.

Ive tried to find about how to get Libre GCS to recognise as a genuine firmware and remove the triangle warning... but no luck. However I dont think it matters, found a few posts saying its just cosmetic, then found in the official Libre docco https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/di...Downloads/ reference sayings its a bug, and wont effect anything. Also on forums says not to worry about triangle as long as fw and gcs are the same version... https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?t...57#msg6957

So I am now officially ignoring this yellow triangle, and getting back to the fun. Sunday is looking good.

Calling all members - Please peruse (this) thread.

[Image: InternalM.jpg]

I'm going down to Prince Alfred Square tonight to help Jason get setup for the weekend of FPV Quad Flying.
Anyone who wants to help, fly, learn to fly (either on simulator, Line of sight or FPV) is welcome from 9am - 10pm Friday - Sunday.
See you there.

Tech question : Just finished a 180 size build, F4 flight controller and latest Betaflight, BL Heli, D-shot 300 ESC;.s Flies stable, not obvious oscillations. However, the 2 motors on the left side run significantly more HOT as compared to the right side... Anyone any idea why ?

Thanks.

(29-04-2017, 03:06 PM)dfw Wrote:  Tech question : Just finished a 180 size build, F4 flight controller and latest Betaflight, BL Heli, D-shot 300 ESC;.s Flies stable, not obvious oscillations. However, the 2 motors on the left side run significantly more HOT as compared to the right side... Anyone any idea why ?

Thanks.

How's your COG?

COG is pretty much in the center, not noticeably left heavy in any case. Should re-check this with the battery mounted. Does the same thing with 4s and 3s battery connected.

Took it to the field today, flying great Smile
Motor problem is solved, not sure why.
I did re-calibrate gyro's in Betaflight ( But the quad was already hovering stable in Horizon mode)

I also ran "set digital_idle_percent = 4 " in the terminal, (it was 4.5 before) . not sure if this made the difference, but all motors run nice and cool now Smile

(30-04-2017, 08:57 PM)dfw Wrote:  Took it to the field today, flying great Smile
Motor problem is solved, not sure why.
I did re-calibrate gyro's in Betaflight ( But the quad was already hovering stable in Horizon mode)

I also ran "set digital_idle_percent = 4 " in the terminal, (it was 4.5 before) . not sure if this made the difference, but all motors run nice and cool now Smile

That's great news mate. I expect Liftoff has been useful in helping you improve your fpv skills. Worked great for me.

Yeah, Flying simulators definitively helps improving FVP flying. highly recommended.
Need to order some more 4S packs next Smile

Question for Baz:

Where did you order your HD cam tilt mounts from ?
I think you mentioned HK, but I can't find them there, (unless the HK search system is letting me down again -?- )

Thanks lots.

Hey guys,

I have been having a fair bit of fun with the multiplayer flying in Liftoff. Any of you guys interested in co-ordinating a few virtual free flys and races one evening?

can do, need more practice, proof being me skillfully landing my Eachine in the Swamp during camping last weekend Frown

How does Thursday 8pm-ish work out ?

(09-05-2017, 09:05 PM)dfw Wrote:  can do, need more practice, proof being me skillfully landing my Eachine in the Swamp during camping last weekend Frown

8pm tomorrow works for me.

(09-05-2017, 09:05 PM)dfw Wrote:  can do, need more practice, proof being me skillfully landing my Eachine in the Swamp during camping last weekend Frown

I am about to log on. My Profile name is Quadzimodo, real name is Jacob Rushner (an anagram of my real name) - if you would like to search for me in the Lobby.

logging in soon

in, we have a room name ?

I will create a private room called PRAC, you won't see the room, so need to enter the room name to enter.

(11-05-2017, 09:12 PM)dfw Wrote:  logging in soon

in, we have a room name ?

I will create a private room called PRAC, you won't see the room, so need to enter the room name to enter.

Dirk, I have sent a friend request to your account to make it easier to find each other next time.

Thanks for that. Next time we will race!

Yep will need to chexk it out this weekend

(01-05-2017, 02:02 PM)dfw Wrote:  Question for Baz:

Where did you order your HD cam tilt mounts from ?
I think you mentioned HK, but I can't find them there, (unless the HK search system is letting me down again -?- )

Thanks lots.

Hi Dirk

Banggood.com

Lisam 210 LS210 35 Degree Universal Inclined Camera Base for Mobius Foxeer Runcam is mine as it bolts on to the ZMR250 frame and I need the angle.

Mobius Camera Mount 15 Degree PLA for Eachine Racer 250 FPV Racing Drone is what you need.

Thanks Baz,

The Eachine was left swimming in the swamp Frown
Have a 35 degree Banggood mount in the mail already Smile

Cheers,

Hi, Barry. Will you be down the field some time over the weekend?, I've got problem with the camera on my big quad I was trying to adjust the camera with a little toggle switch and it's not working properly and now all s a blank screen .some time ago you adjusted the camera but since then I've had to install a new camera.

Dirk,

Not sure if you are still keen, but I will log on to Liftoff multiplayer this evening again at about 8pm. Might do so from the desktop rather than the laptop this time round so I can pump up the detail. I should be easy to find from the lobby.

Bob

I am free Saturday so if not at the field just call me and pop round to Northmead.
Probably easier to sort on the bench anyway.

Sorry Jason, didn't get to my PC till lat last night, let's schedule another session for next week.

Cheers,

Dirk.

(19-05-2017, 12:21 AM)Baz Wrote:  Hi Barry. Found the website for the camera this also a downloadable PDF file for adjusting the camera.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/produc...amera.html

Bob I am free Saturday so if not at the field just call me and pop round to Northmead.
Probably easier to sort on the bench anyway.