Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

250 size Quad copters

Hi. guys, here is a you tube video from a friend across the ditch demonstrating the quantum V2 upgrade kit???.

Kind regards, Bob.

Upgrading the Quanum FPV Video Visor V2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XxeZpfUILI

Plane at heathrow hit by drone ? no damage, no claim to fame... ?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/17/114477...n-heathrow

Hi guys. Here is a you tube video showing some of the new devices to counteract row quads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27-2WDIZR0

personally, I'd use a Paint Ball Gun......just sayin' Smile

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Finally got the eachine 250 from china on Monday... about 4wks... fyi for those I know also wait for it to arrive.

I have to ask, because I've done this before:

Lens cap? Reason I mention this is because if it's black, the VTX is working. Next thing is to try changing the channel to see if that brings up a "No signal" on the goggles. Do this by holding down the red button on the quad (from memory, you hold it down to change channel and press it briefly to move the OSD up and down).

Dirk got his one today too. Must have been a bulk shipment or something.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Ha Ha... logical yes...but no I removed the lens cap!!

Problem seems to be in the AV port on the receiver, AV port 2 gives the black screen, AV1 works ok, so I can live with that, just need one working AV port.

yep, I received mine, loaded Librepilot and got my lemon RC satellite hooked up and working Smile

How do you set in Libre pilot, an easy flight mode, a more aggressive one, then a prop-breaking acro mode??

Right now I'd be happy to get an easy flight mode working.
Was running late (as in early) last night, ended with the receiver (lemon satellite) and transmitter (Dx8) working. For some reason I could not get libre pilot to recognize the flightmode switch. control sticks were reading ok tough.

It did go trough the calibration setups, so I can arm / disarm and spin the motors from the transmitter. it's a start Smile

Also It seemed I could only select DSM mode, Would like to get it to use DSMX as it should be more robust.

Still lots to explore in cc3d / libre Pilot Smile

(22-04-2016, 02:10 PM)dfw Wrote:  Right now I'd be happy to get an easy flight mode working.
Was running late (as in early) last night, ended with the receiver (lemon satellite) and transmitter (Dx8) working. For some reason I could not get libre pilot to recognize the flightmode switch. control sticks were reading ok tough.

It did go trough the calibration setups, so I can arm / disarm and spin the motors from the transmitter. it's a start Smile

Also It seemed I could only select DSM mode, Would like to get it to use DSMX as it should be more robust.

Still lots to explore in cc3d / libre Pilot Smile

The trick with the flight mode is to set up the 3 way switch first in the TX before you go through the tx wizard. I'm using a 9XR Pro with ersky9x so I'm not sure how you'd do that on the Spekky. But I think you'd just designate the switch in the TX and the throw for each switch position. I use -100, 0 and +100. Then go through the tx wizard, flick the switch when it asks you.
After all that, there's a screen where you can setup the flight modes, I'll check my mancave PC and tell you what it is later on.

I have mine set to Angle/rattitude/rate. This corresponds to self levelling/horizon/acro

DSM2 vs DSMx - not sure, mine has always bound in DSMx. Check that you have it set to 2048/11ms (I think, or is it 2048/22ms) on the TX, if that can be set. Typically it'll bind at the highest it can reach.

Alternatively just bring your quad and TX to me and I can take a look at it. I'm quadding tomorrow morning I think. Possibly Sunday arvo too.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Thanks Simon, will try to setup the switch in the TX first.

Out camping this long weekend, won't have much time for further experiments over the next few days.

Yes I discovered that too, I had to set up all the switches on the Tx first then run the Librepilot Tx setup. Not sure on the DX8, but on the DX7s if want to use certain switches I'd need to change them from 'inhibit'... depend which switch.

Simon you say you have it set to Angle/rattitude /rate... but how do you set that in librepilot? tonites research project Smile

Thinking weather will not allow flying this weekend.

Will PM the screenshots so you can see how it's done. If it allows me, otherwise send me your e-mail address.

Picture of the frame where I have relocated the satellite receiver to. Also shows the antennae. Note the zip ties on the Mobius mount. I use a Runcam2 HD. You need the zip ties because the whole platform tends to come off in crashes, and it's a pain to refit in the field due to the rubber dampeners.

Thanks. Simon.

Had to program the switch in the transmitter. it's working now.

In my enthusiasm last night I forgot to mount the TX video antenna. Video link is working but I notice the antenna connector is running quite hot. is that normal ?

Cheers,

Dirk, make sure you never have the quad powered on without an antenna on the video transmitter, or you could burn it out within a matter of minutes (seconds, even).

Yes, the antenna connector will get hot, but it will get even hotter without an antenna. That's a sure fire way to kill your VTX. That's why there's a warning sticker on the top. Don't power it up without that antenna mate!

I made sure to connect the antenna, and yes mine gets quite hot too.

Thx for the screen shots Simon... will put the props on tomorrow and see how it goes.

I have exported my config, but can't upload it here. If you want it, send me a PM

Thanks, I guess it's normal to run a bit hot, then. My video link is working, don't think I did any damage. Had a quick try and at least I get lift off Smile

It should be warm, but not hot. If your video's working, you will be fine. Just be careful to never run it without the VTX antenna and you should be fine...

Ok, so props on and attempted a hover. Its a bit wet so am under the back pergola, not much space, up, down, left or right. Tried to just idle on the ground and gradually increase power for a low hover. Well that didnt work, the throttle just kept increasing without any stick input. Fortunately I was doing a test powerup first with one hand holding it down the other on the throttle, so it didnt actually jump up. I wasnt expecting this, felt a bit dangerous in the small space I had. I'm going to put it away till it dries up a bit hopefully later, and go down to the park, with a bit more space (and safety margin) for that first flight.

Did some research, from what I have read this is actually normal, as the quad is inevitably UN-level from when I calibrated it on my table, so it's straight away trying to right itself and putting power on... another lesson learned on the journey. If I jump into the air quickly is probably the way to do it... but I want some space around me to try that first time. Smile

Update-->
Ok all good, a couple of flights round the front yard, just had to get it in the air, and it was all stable. Mostly just hovered it, back fwd, left, right, to get the feel of its sensitivity... fun fun... now just got to get better in LOS flying.

Good stuff Robo
Sounds like you've got it all working ok !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi you lucky guys. Not sure when my Eachine will arrive, I only ordered on March 18 so I guess it’ll arrive in the next six weeks or so.

Now setting up CC3D board this quite a few really good you tube videos they make it look simple? But not sure myself.

It's easy. Just hook it up to LibrePilot and follow the wizard. It even maps out the transmitter switches for flight modes for you.

Yeah... but dont get distracted by all the other settings in Libre like I did... stick with default settings, use the wizard, and just get a switch for flight modes sorted. There is so much more tuning options in quads it can be confusing...

I ordered mine on the 17th march so yours shouldnt be far.

Hmm, funny that. I always tell everyone to start with the defaults but everyone I've spoken to ends up trying to tweak it then regrets doing so...

Save the PID and rate tuning until you've got your first few hours of FPV flight under your belt, trust me on this one... And if you do tweak it, only make really small increments - start with the rates before mucking about too much with the PIDs.

Too many options to configure, must press all the buttons, eh ?

This link might be useful : https://oscarliang.com/quadcopter-pid-explained-tuning/

"Only make very tiny changes at a time", sound like good advice.

keep in mind that PID regulator systems can start to oscillate if you don''t allow enough phase margin in the feedback loop. Unless you actually know (measure or simulate) the regulator loop,
you can't really tell what you are doing and it's just plain old trial and error territory you are on.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Oh yeah! gotta watch that 'phase margin in the feedback loop' thats critical!! Smile

I read that article too and decided to stick with defaults for now!!

Hi guys. Well a little while ago I posted that Eachine Racer 250, hadn’t arrived today I sent an email off to banggood below is a copy of the return email I know what I’d like to say but because this forum is an open one I’m not going to say it just think it.

>Dear Bob,
Thanks a lot for your email.
For your order ********, sorry that the order was returned due to the problem of the security check before . But the logistics resent the order on 2016/4/26 .You can check it with the tracking numb *****************on the website:<

That's a bummer, but if customs or shipping returned it due to security checks (maybe the included lipo caused the problem ? ) then it's not really under their control. Assuming they used a lipo approved shipping method.

Hong Kong recently changed the rules on shipping batteries in/out of Hong Kong. since last month our HK office is not allowed to send us any product with batteries in it, (unless they apply a special license of some sort but not seen details on that one yet) We still can get them shipped from China Directly to Oz. Possibly your shipment was caught in the recent changes in HK ?

new rules from April 1st : https://www.ups.com/content/hk/en/resour...eries.html

and here's why : https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-whole...ents-video

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.