Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Experience flyer wishing to join the club

Hi Guys,

We have recently moved to Sydney from Perth (originally from Brisbane) and I am interested in joining the club to do some regular flying.

I have a gold wings accreditation and I have been flying fixed wing for nearly 25 years, from small electrics to 3m giant scale aerobats. I have recently started flying multi rotors as well.

In recent times the larger models have taken a back seat due to lack of time and budget, but I still have a healthy fleet of fixed wing electric models and a few multi's.

I also have 3 young boys, 2 of which, one especially, will probably join as well to start learning some of the basics.

It would be great to meet up with some of you at the club on a weekend, when would be the best time to meet? might be a bit soggy this weekend by the sounds of it???

Regards,

Tim Enright

Welcome to our club & the forum Tim.
Our club officially has use of the field Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays.
The field is indeed likely to be a bit soggy this weekend and unmowed. Our forum is very active as you may have already noticed & I normally post on Friday & Saturday evenings of field opening times on the weekend & often do a field condition report early morning if conditions are doubtful for flying. Please monitor the forum for such posts & feel welcome to join us at the field with a plane for a fly or simply have a chat.
Cheers,
Wayne

Hi Tim welcome to the forum!!
Look forward to seeing you down at the field.

Hopefully the weather holds off a bit and it's not too damp by sunday

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks for the warm welcome Wayne & Jason!!

I will keep an eye on the forum to hear about the weekend.. looks like Sunday might be wet so this weekend might be a no go...

Will definitely make an effort to get down there with a plane or a multi the following weekend!! Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Tim

If the weather holds out tomorrow, as expected, then I can guarantee that we will be there on Saturday morning. Winds are looking good at this stage. We have a few members who hand launch so soggy field is no barrier.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.