Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HMAS - Vineyard Fly In Day

Anybody aware that this is on this weekend, 26th - 27th July?

They are also having a Boot Sale.

I'll be there Saturday.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

HMAS - Vineyard is having it's fly in on the long weekend, 4th & 5th October. As the Club was well represented last year I was wondering if we will be attending this event, as a Club?

Last year we were approached by Bob Carpenter directly and asked to show up as a group and to run some raffles.
I haven't heard anything similar this year myself, but perhaps Kevin has been contacted?...

Steve Murray

(22-09-2014, 12:39 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Last year we were approached by Bob Carpenter directly and asked to show up as a group and to run some raffles.
I haven't heard anything similar this year myself, but perhaps Kevin has been contacted?...

I shall check later on in the week, then I will post ........have do not have access to the Internet with my computer at the moment.

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Hi Guys,

I have checked all emails received & there are definitely no emails relating to:-

RE: HMAS - Vineyard Fly In Day.

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

I suggest that our President give Bob a call to see about our participation.

Hi guys. I’m planning on going on the Saturday and Sunday, I figure I can act as an observer are all just help out where I can. Are we sure, it is on this year?.

Kind regards, Bob.

(25-09-2014, 07:42 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys. I’m planning on going on the Saturday and Sunday, I figure I can act as an observer are all just help out where I can. Are we sure, it is on this year?.

Kind regards, Bob.

It's definitely on Bob, it was advertised in the latest MAAA Newsletter sent out the other day.

hi everyone myself and a few of the boys are planning to camp out there as we did last year I remember having to give the club a call to confirm numbers so if anyone else is interested let me know so I can confirm with bob carpenter
also will any be bringing any marquees I will be taking mine I recall the sun got a bit intense last year
also does anyone know who is in possession of our club flag I recall Gary brought it last year
I plan on getting there early Saturday morning

(30-09-2014, 07:48 AM)Craig Wrote:  hi everyone myself and a few of the boys are planning to camp out there as we did last year I remember having to give the club a call to confirm numbers so if anyone else is interested let me know so I can confirm with bob carpenter
also will any be bringing any marquees I will be taking mine I recall the sun got a bit intense last year
also does anyone know who is in possession of our club flag I recall Gary brought it last year
I plan on getting there early Saturday morning

I won't be able to stay overnight, but I'd like to come for a stickybeak on Saturday, and maybe fly a few packs, if possible.

Do you guys reckon people will be bringing their kids, or is it not really a family thing? Ta.

Last year it was a public event on the Sunday there was about 400 people I believe to fly Sunday you must fly sat for approval has any spoke to Jason v about it I have lost his number will endeavor to contact him tonight so how

Andre - it's most definitely a kid/family-friendly thing on the Sunday, but the Saturday is intended for setup and for the host club to assess candidate pilots for Sunday. I don't really see a problem in bringing kids on Saturday though, I'm sure there'll be several there.

Craig - I think I have the PRCAC banner, I'm pretty sure Gary dropped it at my place. So, I'll make some arrangements for it to be there, one way or the other (I'm not sure I'll have transport on either day).

Steve Murray

There will certainly be some great flying to watch on sunday. There's a few big IMAC style Gassers going to be tearing up the sky. Brilliant to just to watch!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

hi all I have spoken with bob at vineyard and are welcome to set up as we did last year I am trying to get out there early to setup
I plan to stay overnight the weather looks like it is going to be perfect
hope to see you all there

What time do the gates open Sunday? would love to come and have a look.

Foam fanatic!

(03-10-2014, 08:51 PM)TopGun Wrote:  What time do the gates open Sunday? would love to come and have a look.

It's difficult to say, by the looks of it mate - here's where I expected we'd be told ...

http://www.hmas.org.au/home/

... but the recommendation is that everyone telephones Bob - a strange arrangement! I'd guess though, if you got there at 9:00am things would be getting well underway.

Steve Murray

(03-10-2014, 09:59 PM)smuzz Wrote:  
(03-10-2014, 08:51 PM)TopGun Wrote:  What time do the gates open Sunday? would love to come and have a look.

It's difficult to say, by the looks of it mate - here's where I expected we'd be told ...

http://www.hmas.org.au/home/

... but the recommendation is that everyone telephones Bob - a strange arrangement! I'd guess though, if you got there at 9:00am things would be getting well underway.

Thanks i did have a look on there site earlier and also found no information about the day, i am sure Bob will be inundated with calls.
Thanks again. Garrick

Foam fanatic!

Some Photos from today's Fly-in at Vineyard.
Craig's big Cessna is impressive but he had trouble getting the petrol engine to run properly. A minute into the maiden and he was calling dead-stick as the motor cut but he managed to land unscathed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Nice pics John !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci