Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pitt Town 2nd & 3rd August

I'm really looking forward to the pylon racing at Pitt Town in August. I hope the weather is kind to us this time. I'm bringing my Pogo to race in EF1, I hope some of you Parramatta Guys bring your EF!'s as well. Lets have a EF1 party.

"Fly it like you Stole it"

Thanks for posting this Rod !!
I'll be there probably not flying EF1 tho' I'm committed to Q-500 but I might race in FFC class if there's enough people comming. There should be It's usually a great turnout for the Pitt Town rounds.

I'm looking forward to it too after Nowra being blown away !!

See you there !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I've been practising my take off's and it seems to be able to get it off pretty straight

I'll be there with an EF-1. Look forward to meeting you Rod!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Thank you Claudius I'm looking to meeting you. What model EF1 are you flying?

Looks like there will be a good turnout for Pitt Town, My Vipers are getting restless being cooped up in their big foam box all this time.
The rear bears are ready for action too !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The long range weather forecast is looking good.

It's all set for an great weekends racing!

Don't forget it's pylon at Pitt Town weekend after next
Practice after lunch on Saturday and race day Sunday!!

It will be Fun !!

Yes it's this weekend Pylon at Pitt Town !!

Come allong for practice on Saturday racing on sunday.. Be there early registration from 8:30
Pitt Town bottoms rd Pitt Town.

See you there !!

What an absoluetly sensational day !!
The weather was perfect, the times were fast, the racing was super close as well. There was only one crash for whole day, which was a mid air between Micky T and my self, from which even he managed to fly away undamaged save for a broken prop, and if that wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, he almost colided with what was left my plane a second time when he landed!!
I was all in good fun, what's the odds?? Colliding with the same plane twice on the same flight??!!! It's because Ian painted the devil on the wall by mentioning the C word during the race before. All was good tho' the spare plane was ready I'd even filled the tank just in case the unthinkable occured.
The spare plane's engine was still tuned superbly, I didn't even touch the needle, not that I really had much time too. And off it went for another blistering 3 races, followed by a re-run for the "collision". (afor mentioned C word)

The only broken Viper for the day and even so it's not that bad concidering it had its tail eaten off by a 10 X 6 RAM prop

Micky T's Hungry Viper that went back for a second go.

Wing tipper took out 3rd in EF1 with a borrowed Shoestring, he flew it like he stole it!! Which was good really good to see. But it wasn't quite enough to get ahead of the ever cool Claudius, who unfased by they initial lack of an undercarage borrowed a set and calmly began a campaign that saw him storm through to first place!!

The borrowed/Stolen, Shoestring

Col fired up one of his turbine powered machines and blasted it around the sky on Satterday which was simply excellent to watch.

There was some sensational flying on Sunday with four F-400s in the air racing at same time .............Sensational and blisteringly fast!!

PRCAC was certainly a dominating force on the day, taking out 1st and 3rd in EF1 and 1st in Q-500 !!

For anyone who wants to have a go pylon I can highly recomend it!! It's great fun a realy good way to sharpen up your flying and there's an AWSOME spirit of comerardary with competors helping each other out lending each other spare parts or at times even planes. New commers are allways welcomed and the good sportsmanship is second to none @!!

Here's some I took video of the last pylon day at Pitt town.
The Red White and Blue Shoestring, flown by Wingtipper took 3rd place in EF1
Well done mate!! Ballsy effort, you can see from the video what is meant by the phrase "fly like you stole it"

I didn't get as much video as I would have liked to because I was calling for Claudio in the other heat of EF1 and Jeremy in F 400 who both won their respective classes but there 's a bit of the other heat of Q-500.

Enjoy !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fNogz0WEs

Here it is it works now best watched in HD and full screen mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebAA6gCT3Gk

was an awesome Day . Really disappointed with CLAUDIOS TIMES ! where did they come from ????
I enjoyed the day immensely . Rocket flew in EF1 very well on the day as a 1st EF1 attempt also .

Jason tore them up in Q500 class . They put a ban on pre race practice on him , unless he joins the clubs he flies at from now on . LOL

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .