Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Free to a good home Dynamite Fusalage

Surplus to my requirements is one scratch build Fusalage.
It was built as a second balsa prototype for a revised and fully composite version of Terry Stuckey's original speed 400 pylon design of the same name.

Here is a link to forum thread describing the project. As you can see from a lunch time project, it graduated to a bit of an obsession and beyond Wink

http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=888&highlight=dyna-mite

The fuse is set up for 36 size motor all the mounting holes are in and the thrust angle is correct so that will save a bit of work.

Here's the wooden fuse.

I have a copy of Terry's original drawings that you are welcome too, the original design calls for a built up wing. So if your keen and want to make it extra lite there's the option to go that way.
I also have a set of templates and a jig for hot wire cutting foam cores for the wings. If you are a member of PRCAC and your interested in having a go at cutting foam cores your more than welcome to BORROW them.

The Fusalage is built slightly taller than the original plan so it will need to have a bigger vertical fin than the original to compensate for the extra lateral area forward of the C of G. But this easy enough to do. On the sister fuse to this one I got around the problem by lengthening the fuse which put the area further back doing effectivily the same thing. It would be a good idea to raise the tailplane in relation to the wing a bit as well, You might even concider a "T" tail configuration if your adventurious.

Flying this machine flat out is not for the faint hearted!!
It really gets the adrenalin pumping hard!!

As you can see it's not only swift and indorsed by Ranjit Phelan of http://ranjitphelanmotors.com/ but it's also damed lucky as well Smile .

This is actually the lengthened wooden fusealage version, I burned out the ESC in the composite one earlier that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NDp2inZ7Ic

So come on post up, claim your prize and save it from the bin

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Ok, I'll add that to my pile.

Honestly, as long you have COG correct, I don 't see why a different wing and tail plane would not work a trick.

I would make a lot slower kind of plane....
I'll check those plans of course...

(08-07-2014, 10:57 PM)Too Drunk to Fly Wrote:  Ok, I'll add that to my pile.

Honestly, as long you have COG correct, I don 't see why a different wing and tail plane would not work a trick.

I would make a lot slower kind of plane....
I'll check those plans of course...

Sure thing it doesn't have to be so over powered you could put a rarebear motor in it and run it on 3 cells. It would be a lot lighter so it would be easier to land and it would still slip along as well.

I'll bring it along with the plans to our bushcare meeting on Saturday morning

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'll def be there, hopefully with a plane this time. First time in over a year.... :-)

G'day Jason,
Sorry I must have had too many beers last night and forgot about a family commitment I have Saturday.
I can make it Sunday to take this off your hands.

(09-07-2014, 12:48 PM)Too Drunk to Fly Wrote:  G'day Jason,
Sorry I must have had too many beers last night and forgot about a family commitment I have Saturday.
I can make it Sunday to take this off your hands.

I won't be ther on Sunday Morning as I've got a few mission I must do as well but I may be able to get there in the afternoon.
failing that if your heading to the field on sunday morning give me a ring or send me a text and I'll see if I can drop by and give it to you. 04 two one 994 five nine 6

It's a family breakfast on Saturday. I could be there early or maybe later around 12. I'll txt you and let you know my movements.

Do you like beer? I might buy some craft beers for you (if you like that stuff).

AaaarrrrrrgH Now that sounds very nice !!