Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trojans pylon racing

Hey Guys will a 1.8ah 4s do the 10 laps or should I use a 2.2ah

Thanks in advance

"Fly it like you Stole it"

My standard PZ Trojan did the course OK with a 4S 1300
standard motor standard prop. So either of those packs will be fine.
I'm Just trying to remember the times the Trojans were doing at Pitt Town
I think it was 155 or 160 seconds for the ten laps
Lets you need say 3mins of Wide open throttle to do the race and land.

3 mins is 1/20th of an hour. 1.300*20 means if your motors pulling 26A or less it will last the distance for an 1800 that figure would be 36A or less and for the 2200 it's 44A or less

To be sure you really have to have an idea of how much current it's pulling

How did the racing at WRCS go?
I was thinking of heading out there but I didn't feel very well in the morning only just starting to come good now

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

thanks for all that I will get out my amp meter and see what reading I get.
The racing on Sunday was a bit different there was a one make class of IC planes (tigers) with about 1500 WS then there was open pylon which I has a go in. the bear was the fastest but with no callers I kept on cutting. The next event was open combat which I hadn't seen before. It rained a bit and it was very windy and cold. all the flying was around 2 pylons with pilots flying from the flight box and the starts were Reno style which I quite enjoyed. I am looking fwd to Nowra. I did some motor testing today with some surprising results I will know more tomorrow and will post my findings

"Fly it like you Stole it"