Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Retract Problem

Okay guys, time to pick your brains.

I recently bought a Hk 1600mm Spitfire from Rob. Everything is fine with it except the Retracts are in opposite directions i.e. one up one down.
I got them both in the same position (up) and rebound it again but as soon as it became live one retract went down on it's own.

I have checked the polarity of the Y leads and all are good.

Any ideas?????

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Do you have a spare slot in your receiver?

If so, I'd be plugging one in there and doing a mix back to your gear channel with reverse on the incorrect side.

If you are strapped for channels you can get inline servo reversers. I use one in the red Funcub in my avatar because it's bound to a DX6i and is easier. I have the flaps on the white and blue one set like my example above (DX8). Silly peoples molded the flap servo recesses with the same orientation as the ailerons so ... one is up while the other is down.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(29-03-2014, 05:18 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Okay guys, time to pick your brains.

I recently bought a Hk 1600mm Spitfire from Rob. Everything is fine with it except the Retracts are in opposite directions i.e. one up one down.
I got them both in the same position (up) and rebound it again but as soon as it became live one retract went down on it's own.

I have checked the polarity of the Y leads and all are good.

Any ideas?????
Sounds like your retracts are wired back to front. As Steve suggested either wire one retract to a separate channel and do a mix, then reverse one or just install a servos reverser on one of the retracts.
I have 3 x HK servo reversers still sealed in packets, if you would like one let me know and I will sent it to you.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks Steve and Gary.

Craig called me today with the same answer. He has a spare servo reversor which he will bring to the field when we cann fly again, but I appreciate the offer.

Very much appreciate the advice.

(29-03-2014, 11:22 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Thanks Steve and Gary.

Craig called me today with the same answer. He has a spare servo reversor which he will bring to the field when we cann fly again, but I appreciate the offer.

Gday Chris

That small doodat I gave you when you were leaving with the Spitty is one of those servo reversers.

Cheers
Rob B

(01-04-2014, 03:51 PM)robair Wrote:  
(29-03-2014, 11:22 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Thanks Steve and Gary.

Gday Chris

That small doodat I gave you when you were leaving with the Spitty is one of those servo reversers.

Cheers

Thanks Rob, I thought that was to slow the servos down, I didn't realise it was a reversor. Thanks mate.
Rob B