Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pylon Racing, Nowra 1st 2nd of March

It's all on again in 2014 !!!

Nowra is the first race day of the NSW Pylon 2014 series, It's a chance to get in on the ground floor and begin at the start of the year.
It would be great to have a large contingent from PRCAC compeeting again in 2014!!
We made our presence felt last year and everyone who took part had a great time. One BRILLIANT thing about pylon racing is that it really sharpens up your flying! I certainly builds confidence and there's no substitute for the experiance gained in competition!! What this means is that everyone is a winner and takes something home. All those from PRCAC who flew pylon last year would have noticed their flying and confidence improve out of sight. I know mine did.

The NSW Pylon crowd are a great bunch of guys and pilots new to pylon are allways welcome and encouraged to come allong and have a go. Pylon racing is very entertaining to watch, there's plenty of high speed action and the oppertunity to cheer on our guys and wave the PRCAC flag shold not be missed.

Here's a copy of an email I recieved yesterday, from Ian, the secretary of the NSW pylon association.

Date: 18 February 2014 5:29:56 pm AEDT
To: jeremy randle
Subject: Pylon Racing at Nowra

Gentlemen
This is a reminder that the first round of our 2014 Pylon Racing Championship starts Sunday the 2nd of March,
with the usual Practice on the Saturday. A number of us have booked into The Marriott Park Motel already, this
is the same Motel that we have been staying at for the last 3 years.
www.marriottparkmotel.com.au
Don,t forget the host Club will be putting on Breakfast + Lunch on Race day.
Regards
Ian L

Here's some video from Nowra last year. It's the only bit I have, it show's Jag flying about as good a FFC race as you could hope to fly. It's well worth a watch just to see how it's done, when it's done nicely !! Note the precision around two and three, despite the fact that there's a decent breese blowing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1AGrX-mNh4

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Looks like it Nowra will be huge if the weather holds,
Claudio and I are going on Saturday, Wingtipper is going to be taking his new Invictus.
I'll be taking my RareBears and the Q500s along, Jason A, Craig S & Adds are bringing FFCs for Sunday too.

Who else is going ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Ok I'm in , but only Q500. I will fire it up in the backyard on Saturday and drive down Sunday morning arriving about 8am.

srl

(26-02-2014, 05:59 AM)srl Wrote:  Ok I'm in , but only Q500. I will fire it up in the backyard on Saturday and drive down Sunday morning arriving about 8am.

srl

Good Stuff. Should be a great day!!

Are you still thinking of getting the F400 out for an airing at some stage this year? It'd be good to see you give Jeremy a bit of a hurry up Wink

Just about got everything organised, All my TX batteries are charged, just need to check the list and get things ready to pack.

Here's some vidoe Peter V took at Nowra last year, It show's the usual suspects and gives a view of the field. Looks like the weather might be similar this year too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2BpLvwjHsc

Well Sunday at Nowra turned out to be a great success, the weather on Saturday wasn't great but there was still plenty of flying being done most of the day.

Sunday was a day of serious racing in very calm conditions and some quick times were being posted in Q-500. Unfortunately In my case the poles managed to get them selves on the right hand side of my viper in every race and my times suffered from the addition of cut penalties.

There was a real show of commitment from the Parramatta boys. SRL did a great job calling and flying like a legend to take 3rd place in Q-500. Claudio and Frank (AKA Wingtipper) took out 2nd and 3rd places respectively in EF1. Craig also got a place in FFC. All in all the PRCAC flag got a good waving and our light blue shirts could be seen dotted about the course. Our guys also kept busy when they weren't racing by calling for other pilots and taking turns at time keeping in the cage.
As always good sportsman ship was order of the day and even tho', at times, things didn't always go to plan everyone left having had, a fantastic day

Nice to see you got a place in the rarebear races at Nowra Craig. Hope you kick ass this year and hopefully nil crashes. Well done my friend !

i was a little disappointed about not being able to fly rarebear class also , when i made the switch to EF1 i did not attempt to leave fun fighter class . i guess time restrictions dont allow for this though . i see q400 flyers also fly in f500 class .and some f500 flyers also flew ef1 . guess thats the way it is . but rarebear races are so much fun !!!!

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Due to numbers you can normally fly one class on each day.

we only had enough to do heats of three planes in each race.

I don't remember anyone flying in two classes at Nowra.

At Richmond I remember flying two classes, Q-500 and FFC

Those that flew F-400 only flew that class on the day
and those that flew Q-500 only flew Q-500 and same with EF1 as far as I can remember.

It just depends on numbers the more people the easier it is

It would have been good to see more in the rarebear class but the EF1 class looks like its nothing to be sneezed at. It looks hard to do and from where i stood it looked like you did O.K Wingtipper nice plane by the way. Hopefully your coming to the Willows Cup and have some fun with some bears there. All Thumbs Up to kick Butt!!!

thanks Archer , i had a great day. and secantOgive, thanks for the explanation .. i guess disappointment of only flying one class is testament to how good the racing is .
now sure if ill make the willows cup , but if i can i will .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .