Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

THE WILLOWS CUP 2014 on the 15th of June

We got a bit of practice in today.
Wing tipper and I flew EF1s and Jason A, Frank D, and I mixed it with the RareBears as well !!

What an afternoon, AWESOME!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Don't forget it's the willows cup on this comming weekend !!
Hopefully the weather will be kind to us and the field will dry up nicely.

Bring your Funfighters for an excellent day of racing !!

Should the weather take a turn for the worst, we'll make a decision later in the week to postpone it 'till May. But at the moment it's not unreasonable to think it might well be OK

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Ah poop. Everyone else will be down in Melbourne for the trade fair so guess who is manning the counter sunday.

Mmph.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Tomorrow's Willows Cup event is cancelled.

Jason's just been down to McCoy to inspect the result of this afternoon's downpour, and unhappily the news is not good. He's asked me to post this notifcation while he's on the way back home.

While we might get cars down there tomorrow, conditions would not be ideal. Sounds like we'd be doing a lot of walking around in the mud and churning up what was only a few hours ago a near perfect runway. Frown

More to come from Jason no doubt...

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Thanks for posting that Claudio !!

I've just been on the phone and sending out emails that the Willows Cup will be postponed until the 25th of May.

I went down there this evening to have a look and see how the field had faired after this afternoons storm and well, here is a picture of what the strip looked like there's no way it would be dry enough for vehicle access tomorrow morning and the strip would very soggy indeed.

We know the cage works.
A big thank you to Bob Vu and Wayne for helping put it up this morning.

The cage looks great. But I am at a loss to understand why the "strange animal" in Pic 2 was realeased.

Was it a Commitee decision or was advice sought from David Attenbrough!!!

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

It's been reshedualed again, brought a little closer in fact to the 11th of May
because Tony J and the timing gear would have been unavailable because the date clashed with Large scale racing in Victoria.

So mark it your calenders!! there's plenty of time to order a new RareBear and get some serious practice in.

In the mean time there's COMSOA's electric Pylon racing on Saturday the 5th of April at Maitland
They will be fly FFC EF1 and F5D as well so it should be a fantastic day !!

(24-03-2014, 06:48 AM)secant0give Wrote:  It's been reshedualed again, brought a little closer in fact to the 11th of March
because Tony J and the timing gear would have been unavailable because the date clashed with Large scale racing in Victoria.

So mark it your calenders!! there's plenty of time to order a new RareBear and get some serious practice in.

In the mean time there's COMSOA's electric Pylon racing on Saturday the 5th of April at Maitland

Hi Jason,

Change the date ...says 11th March ???

By the way the cage looks excellent!

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

AAAAaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww Thanks Ingo !!

It is the 11th of May Smile Must just be my dishloksia kicking in again

Thanks for the kind woards about the cage too, It was good to give a trial fitting together up on the embankement.

(24-03-2014, 10:24 AM)dingy Wrote:  
(24-03-2014, 06:48 AM)secant0give Wrote:  It's been reshedualed again, brought a little closer in fact to the 11th of March

Hi Jason,

Change the date ...says 11th March ???

By the way the cage looks excellent!

ILL BE THERE WITH MY LATEST MK . may not be this one though , but it will be this or a future version .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looks Very Nice Frank !!

Don't for get to get some practice in before the 11th of May !!
there will be the Saturday afternoon of the 10th for a bit of fly around the course

Don't forget to drag out the pylons and get amongst it every chance you get before then.

We will also be running a Trojan or anything close class if there's enough entries
And hopefully a few heats of EF1 as well as the usual FFC (rarebears)

See you all there !!

Just realised and don't want to be a downer but, do you realise that the 11th of May is Mothers Day?

MT

NNNnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

'shoot'n, Tex Biggrin

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(10-04-2014, 10:56 AM)secant0give Wrote:  NNNnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

You might need to seek Steve H's advice on Mothers Day Jason :-)

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

We will postpone the WILLOWS CUP again.
We cant run it on Mothers day

Another date will be advised in due course

It's going to be June 15
pencil it in
It means there's a little more time to get those machines ready and hone a razer edge on those flying skills Smile

See you there !!

Hmm... if there is someone there to let me in I should continue with my plan to maiden the Gee Bee racer tomorrow... Gotta see if it's all that before the big date..

Anyone bringing a Trojan that wants to race tomorrow? Biggrin

Get those Rarebears and trogens in racing order and get some practice in
The willows cup approaches June 15 !!

(08-05-2014, 11:06 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Get those Rarebears and trogens in racing order and get some practice in

So will there be Trojans and Funfighters racing on the 15th June

"Fly it like you Stole it"

(08-05-2014, 02:47 PM)rocket41 Wrote:  
(08-05-2014, 11:06 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Get those Rarebears and trogens in racing order and get some practice in

Yes trogans, RareBears(FFC) and EF1 too if there's if three's enough turn up.

(11-05-2014, 07:38 PM)secant0give Wrote:  
(08-05-2014, 02:47 PM)rocket41 Wrote:  

Yes trogans, RareBears(FFC) and EF1 too if there's if three's enough turn up.

are the Trojans run stock or are mods allowed?

The idea was o race stock Park zone Trojans of FMS Trojans.
I doesn't matter if the motor is not original but as long as it's in the ball park of the original as far as KV goes and the original prop is used. It's pretty lenient but as long as it's similar in performance to a Trojan bring it and fly it you'll be most welcome!! It's a great day!!

Music 

(12-05-2014, 11:42 PM)secant0give Wrote:  The idea was o race stock Park zone Trojans of FMS Trojans.
I doesn't matter if the motor is not original but as long as it's in the ball park of the original as far as KV goes and the original prop is used. It's pretty lenient but as long as it's similar in performance to a Trojan bring it and fly it you'll be most welcome!! It's a great day!!

Are there any other events in NSW where Trojans are run?

(13-05-2014, 02:43 PM)rocket41 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014, 11:42 PM)secant0give Wrote:  The idea was o race stock Park zone Trojans of FMS Trojans.

There was one flying at Maitland in the EF1 heats. NSW pylon will race just about anything if you bring it along to a pylon day they will slot it in to heat somewhere so you can race it. It's much more fun tho' when the models are all very much the same performance wise, then it makes for close and exciting racing. There's also been a couple of scratch built racers, flying in Fun fighter heats from time to time, and there will be again I'd think at Pitt Town at the end of the this month.

The cheapest easiest class to put something together to race in is FFC (fun fighter class) the favourite of all the eligible planes is the Rarebear, you can put one together in a single evening and they are cheap as well as quite quick. They can also be run with 3 cells so you can get used to flying the course at a less hectic pace to begin with.
They are not hard to fly and they last a long time if you don't take too many risks with them. The Trojans are easier to fly and slower but they do cost a bit more

(14-05-2014, 12:47 AM)secant0give Wrote:  
(13-05-2014, 02:43 PM)rocket41 Wrote:  

There was one flying at Maitland in the EF1 heats. NSW pylon will race just about anything if you bring it along to a pylon day they will slot it in to heat somewhere so you can race it. It's much more fun tho' when the models are all very much the same performance wise, then it makes for close and exciting racing. There's also been a couple of scratch built racers, flying in Fun fighter heats from time to time, and there will be again I'd think at Pitt Town at the end of the this month.

The cheapest easiest class to put something together to race in is FFC (fun fighter class) the favourite of all the eligible planes is the Rarebear, you can put one together in a single evening and they are cheap as well as quite quick. They can also be run with 3 cells so you can get used to flying the course at a less hectic pace to begin with.
They are not hard to fly and they last a long time if you don't take too many risks with them. The Trojans are easier to fly and slower but they do cost a bit more

You've been a big help I live in QLD and we don't have much electric pylon racing up here with only one T28 event and (this year) just one FFC event. The QLD pylon racing association doesn't promote FFC, T28, or EF1 they promote Q500 as the beginner or entry level class. You Guys are lucky to have so much racing so available. At our club we have 5 regulars and we have casual FFC racing practice most Sundays. I am looking forward to coming down to join in the excitement.

Excellent see you there !!

FFC is a reasonably popular class here in NSW every race day has some people flying in FFC and EF1. Q-500 is most supported class as far as numbers go. It's pretty competitive and the places in q-500 are often separated only by seconds over 6 or 7 races. Trojans havn't been as popular as we'd hoped they might be, I'm not sure why as nearly everyone has one ?? perhaps that will change, hopefully with some more interest.

Don't forget we have the Willows Cup comming up Sunday June 15 !!
We also have the oppertunity to do some racing at Pitt Town next Sunday.
and practice on Satterday after luch !!

Scramble those RareBears !!

Here's one of the races from last year!! (best watched in HD and full screen mode )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OL6A_Q9OY8

Only a couple of weeks to go
Get some practice in!!