Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HOBBYKING FLY IN AT PEMAC ( HART FIELD)

HI ON THE 24TH NOV 2013 . hk are holding a fly in at pemac . quite a few of us prcac members are dual members . but all prcac members are invited i believe

heres the HK LIVE VID .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6usGGt0fQ8

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Noticed this today on the HK website as well. Whilst I am not a member of a club yet going to pop down for a look

HI guys. All information is on Penrith website . Just click on. http://www.pemacflyers.com/ then events.

Kind regards, Bob.

Hi everyone,

I joined PRCAC a few months ago (August?) but I don't have my membership card yet. Any idea how I could find out my MAAA ID number, or whatever is on the card, so I can maybe register for the PEMAC event?

Cheers,
Andre

Yes Andre - I'm pretty sure that Kevin Barnes (our secretary) will have your MAAA card. I guess you've not crossed-paths at the field or he would have given it to you.

That said, if you're keen on flying at PEMAC this Sunday and if you don't have your card handy at the time, because I've seen you flying at our field several times I'd be more than happy to endorse you and deal with that on your behalf at the field.

Steve Murray

(20-11-2013, 11:08 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Yes Andre - I'm pretty sure that Kevin Barnes (our secretary) will have your MAAA card. I guess you've not crossed-paths at the field or he would have given it to you.

That said, if you're keen on flying at PEMAC this Sunday and if you don't have your card handy at the time, because I've seen you flying at our field several times I'd be more than happy to endorse you and deal with that on your behalf at the field.

Thank you very much Steve. Yes, I think I've just missed Kevin on my (too few) McCoy weekends.

I'm not even sure what I'd fly at PEMAC, other than my beat-up profile foamy or a Phoenix 2000, but it would be the first time I've seen an RC "event" and I'd be very keen just to go along and potter round.

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask about, Sunday . After all the heavy rain we've had will be road into the field be driveable?, It is not exactly the best road .
In line with the HobbyKing theme, I thought I'd bring my bixler .

Kind regards, Bob.

bob . the road dries up very quickly . 24 hours after a thourough drenching the next day it's barely noticable .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Sorry Guys,
Will have to pass Fly In, have prior commitments to Marine Rescue Bridge to Bridge Boat Race Ambulance driver.

Russell

I wont be flying Sunday either, I am being relied upon for transport to south coast golf

Going By the Weather Observatory Pemac may have missed out on the heavy rain 7.2 Today but the in the whole week has been good., Which is promising

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/...4763.shtml

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(09-11-2013, 09:37 PM)Manta Wrote:  Noticed this today on the HK website as well. Whilst I am not a member of a club yet going to pop down for a look

i doubt you will get in as they ask for memberships.

Yeh, the problem is that it can't be classed as a "Public Event" because such a thing requires approval from CASA. Various hoops have to be jumped through before that can happen and the process requires some time to complete. So, the organisers aren't trying to be exclusive - they just need to ensure they don't violate the law.

Steve Murray

Is power available at the PEMAC field, for chargers?

To the best of my knowledge Andre, there's no permanent charging facilities yet, although they did acquire some solar panels a while back and were looking for someone to install them. It's been a couple of months since I've been there, but I don't think they're ready for use.

Whether they've got a temporary setup operating for the day tomorrow, is anyone's guess. I'd be planning on taking my own car battery, just to be sure.

Steve Murray

Thanks again Steve.

Talking of power, has anyone explored the option of getting it rigged up at our own McCoy field? Are the obstacles to do with council, or would it simply be too costly?

Is there even a need to install power? Personally, I'm quite happy charging at home up to 3S 2200 size, but once it gets into the big 6S batteries it becomes quite expensive and time consuming to bring enough charged batteries for the entire day.

If the cost was reasonable, and others were interested, I'd be happy to chip in to get power installed at McCoy, or to talk to council about our options in that regard.

Can your guest be your child?

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

It's a good idea mate, and we have plans - but with the field being a dedicated flood-basin, installation would be problematic.

At a recent committee meeting we discussed the possibility of approaching the council with the idea to install a small shipping container up on the high, flat ground above the field box. If we were successful with that, then it would open up the possibility of fixed wiring, or solar panels on the roof (or both). It depends on us getting permission though, which might not be easy.

Steve Murray

(23-11-2013, 08:29 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  Can your guest be your child?

Yes - you'd be responsible of course but that's not unexpected.

Steve Murray

Just got back from a full day at Hart Field - "an outstanding success" would be the only way to describe it! The committee at PEMAC deserve a pat on the proverbial back, no doubt about it.

Steve Murray

Absolutely... What a great day.... the PEMAC boys and HK get a big Bravo Zulu for a terriffic, proffesional, safe and well organised day out, the only negative was they were not expecting so many people and when I finally got a chance all the bloddy food was gone. But that could not be helped, I don't think they were expecting 200 people.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yep, that was awesome! Couldn't believe the number of people, and planes, and tents, and cars...

The "Monster" EF Extra 70" made me think I really want a bigger plane Smile

It was a ripper of a day and the weather gods cleared up the skies and the Sun was burning anyone without sunscreen's and hats..
The line of aircrafts waiting to take off was astonishing and it felt like you were at a theme park waiting for the next ride. It was well organised though thanks to the volunteers (Bob). The HK guys where fantastic and were saying that this was friendlier and more enjoyable than the USA event they did earlier this year.
They will be back next year for a 2 day event..Thumbup

Gazz,
you were not alone, I drank my 2 bottles of water I brought with me and by the time I got thirsty and hungry .. Nothing was left to eat or drink (I think over 500 cans of drink sold out by 2pm)..

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

WOW ! i wish i was there to see it . never mind the beuty of this hobby is i think it is catching on and there are becoming things to do on a weekly basis , aside from a casual fly with the boys . which is just as good . plenty of options and it's great to see .

(23-11-2013, 06:55 PM)smuzz Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge Andre, there's no permanent charging facilities yet, although they did acquire some peimar solar a while back and were looking for someone to install them. It's been a couple of months since I've been there, but I don't think they're ready for use.

Whether they've got a temporary setup operating for the day tomorrow, is anyone's guess. I'd be planning on taking my own car battery, just to be sure.

have they got permanent charging facility? Is there solar power system working now..