Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Super & Cheaper Edge 540T-70in Build Log

yes wayne my setup is the same as gaz's . one servo at rear for rudder , another for elevon . i used 30 min epoxy when gluing after i installed the hinges on frame side with thin zap . what i did to align the 2 elevon blades was purchase 2 tiny G' Clamps at $1 each at supercheap , and some square 8mm pine lengths . during gluing apply the square pine from one elevon across to the other top and bottom and clamp . this insures alignment whilst drying .
after 4 hrs . you can then zap the hinges on the elevons . NOTE : BEFORE YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU ELONGATE THE SLOT WHERE THE STEEL PIANO WIRE JOINER IS INSERTED FOR GLUING . IT IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR MOVEMENT OF THE ELEVON , , also make sure you fold the hinges before and leave about 2-3mm gap gluing. no need for super tight tolerances here . i did not do this and had to dremel that slot after gluing.

i did not put any rear air holes in and had several flights , i noticed heat on the outside of the cowel to touch when landing (motor and esc). underneath the horizontal stab , about 80mm from back of fuse , there are 2 oval cutouts in frame , one either side . i cut the film on one side to match the precut oval in frame, and noticed that cooled down things .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .