Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gone to a good home already, you have to quick at this price! Dehavilland Gypsy Moth.

I no longer have the need for a DeHavilland Gypsy Moth.

This model is about 60 inch wing span & was fitted with an Enya 80, 4 stroke glow engine (removed) although it was designed for a 40 size glow engine. The engine mounted on a Bakelite plate which screws to wooden bearers. You would have to remove the top deck & make a hatch for the battery pack where the fuel tank currently lives.

It was built from a DB Models kit & I have seen an electric conversion done with a geared 700 size brushed motor. It's an easy, slow flyer & very draggy so it can get into & out of small fields. You will have to decide what size electric motor, speedy & battery to fit.

It's fitted with 4 bog standard full size servos (Airtronics/Sanwa, a Japanese brand of similar quality to JR or Futaba) which were new when fitted to this model. It would be easier if they were left in place as the linkages are all established & all I ask is for the new owner to supply me with 4 new similar quality servos (standard JR, Futaba or Hitec.) Let me know if you are interested on 0409 044 724.

Thanks, JohnC.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm interested if no one has put their hand up.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Beautiful looking model John - I'd love to use it as a raffle prize to raise money for Westmead Children's Hospital ... I've sent you a text message.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

(16-09-2013, 10:43 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Beautiful looking model John - I'd love to use it as a raffle prize to raise money for Westmead Children's Hospital ... I've sent you a text message.
Cheers,
Steve

I'm all for the raffle..its a good idea and a good cause

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Steve was the first to contact me & I'm dropping it off tomorrow, thanks for your interest George.

As explained to Steve last night I don't consider it in good enough condition to offer as a raffle prize.

John C.

(17-09-2013, 08:25 PM)johnc Wrote:  Steve was the first to contact me & I'm dropping it off tomorrow, thanks for your interest George.

As explained to Steve last night I don't consider it in good enough condition to offer as a raffle prize.

John C.

As long as we see it flying again at PRCAC I'm happy.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

George - John was kind enough to drop it off at my place on his way to work this morning.

As he stated, it's not quite "museum quality" as it is, and wouldn't be suitable as a raffle prize, unfortunately. So in a way, I feel a bit guilty as if I have it under false pretences now. I'll do a bit of work on it when I'm able to and perhaps we can share the thing - or even make it "Club owned" and let everyone have a crack at it. What do you think?

Steve Murray

(18-09-2013, 06:16 PM)smuzz Wrote:  George - John was kind enough to drop it off at my place on his way to work this morning.

As he stated, it's not quite "museum quality" as it is, and wouldn't be suitable as a raffle prize, unfortunately. So in a way, I feel a bit guilty as if I have it under false pretences now. I'll do a bit of work on it when I'm able to and perhaps we can share the thing - or even make it "Club owned" and let everyone have a crack at it. What do you think?

Hi Steve no need to feel guilty you know I have quite a few planes..but not a goog balsa biplane' so I,m happy to have a fly with it and if you want to share I'll contribute to the electric conversion. I'm going to have a look in the garage as I have an ARF foamy in a box I can contribute to the raffle on the fun fly day.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

You're a good sport George! Thumbup

Steve Murray

???

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro