Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Bronze and Gold Wings Requirements

Blindfolded - just use the Force... OK for Luke Skywalker I guess, & maybe Andre... I'm definitely keeping my eyes open.
I'm not at Andrés skill level but the Heli Bronze manouvers actually aren't too hard - there isn't even any nose-in except a little in the outward figure eight. Just need to practice adding some polish to it.
Also need to expect being quizzed on preflight, range check & safety issues. & General Heli knowledge.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Jason, as discussed the other week, when all this weather clears and we get to fly again, I'd like to put my name down to do the bronze test. Please let me know what day will suit you... once the weather clears Smile

Will do Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Same here. The lack of instructors makes it difficult to nail it down (for both the instructor and the pilot!)

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

How about Satterday morning ?
Provided the weather gives us a break

Can you guys please d/load the forms print them and fill them out with your details
The d/load link is at the start of the thread theres also a list of the requirements just have a read over those if you havent allready

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Im in... subject to weather!

Thanks.

Hi Jason,

If I too could please sit the test on Saturday morning that would be great.

Thanks,

James

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

So that's 3 of us. You going to have enough time for us on Saturday Jason?

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

The test will take about 10-15 mins each, if that. The main concern is whether the field will be up to mowing beforehand to allow usability.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Don't let Wayne anywhere near the Mower on the Field.

(07-05-2015, 12:49 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  The test will take about 10-15 mins each, if that. The main concern is whether the field will be up to mowing beforehand to allow usability.

(07-05-2015, 11:00 AM)Eagle J Wrote:  Hi Jason,

If I too could please sit the test on Saturday morning that would be great.

Thanks,

James

No worries James

(07-05-2015, 11:36 AM)symowallo Wrote:  So that's 3 of us. You going to have enough time for us on Saturday Jason?

No worries We'll manage, time wise, I'm sure Smile

Jason, thanks for the test today and signing me off for bronze! Smile

(09-05-2015, 06:25 PM)robbo Wrote:  Jason, thanks for the test today and signing me off for bronze! Smile

Well done Robbo, congrats. You're a good pilot.

Well done Robbo, a well deserved award for all of your efforts in escalating your flying abilities so quickly.
I believe a few others achieved bronze today, correct me if I am wrong James B & Simon W also got their well overdue wings.
I only wish I was able to be there to see the smiling faces.
Cheers,
Wayne

Yep that's right Wayne, Rob A, James B, Simon W and Simon D got wings today, thanks to Jason for giving up a good chunk of his morning to accommodate us all.

Well done to everyone, sorry I couldn't be there to witness it all. 4 set of wings in one day....I knew a little rain wouldn't hold us back.

(09-05-2015, 06:25 PM)robbo Wrote:  Jason, thanks for the test today and signing me off for bronze! Smile

Yes, thank you Jason for taking the time to test us. Much appreciated.

James.

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

Congratulations guys well done !!

Yes Jason - my thanks too, especially for fitting me in when I know you were intending to pack up and go!

Much appreciated.

Simon

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

Congratulations to Andre who passed the gold wings test this weekend !!!

(16-08-2015, 10:24 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Congratulations to Andre who passed the gold wings test this weekend !!!

Thanks Jason! I really appreciate it.

Attempting to fly with more precision has been both challenging and rewarding Smile

Congrats Andre

Well done Andre, well deserved.

All Members,
This Sunday Jason Vanajek, will be at the field for the special GM. Besides that, as Jason is the clubs chief instructor, he will also be able to do certifications for MAAA 'Wings'. If you havent yet earned your bronze wings and want to please come down and introduce yourself to Jason early so he can schedule you in. If time permits he is also going to run an induction for CAFI's, so those who have expressed interest in being a CAFI should attend.

If anyone is seeking silver or gold wings please contact Jason (secant0give), through the forum PM before sunday to see if this can be arranged.

Any member can go for bronze wings. You will need to do a flying test and answer key questions from the instructor to display your knowledge and understanding of safety, equipment and flight control.

Bronze wings testing requirements can be found at top of this thread or in MAAA0016 here; http://www.maaa.asn.au/forms. You may also want to look at the instructors handbook - http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/mops/...dbook_.pdf

Dont be intimidated by doing bronze, every member should try to attain bronze, the requirements are not aerobatics, just to ensure good and safe flight control.

There is no fee to attempt the test.

Hey Robbo, just want to make a correction in your post. The special GM is being held on Saturday, not Sunday.

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

I believe the forms and link have changed after they were posted on this forum.

You'll need form MAAA016 to sign off bronze/ silver wings.
updated link: http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/forms...-WINGS.pdf

fixed link to forms : MAAA Club Forms

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

The Usual process for doing the wings tests goes something like this:

1) Down load the form and fill it out with all your details

2) have a good look at the requirements, they are outlined on the form and in MOP027 http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/mops/...-WINGS.pdf

3) anything that your unsure of or don't understand please ask at the field, search or post your questions up on the forum.

3) practice the any of the manoeuvres you might be rusty at or uncertain of.

4) beg borrow build or ballast so as to have a 2kg or heavier model because if do the test with it you will have passed your silver wings. (seriously don't ballast something tiny up to 2kg unless it can take it and you can fly it at that weight just settle for the bronze we can do the silver later)

5) contact me and we will organise a mutually suitable time to do the test.

6) hand deliver, scan and email or text you signed and completed form to secretary who currently is "SRL" AKA Stephen Lange. He will forward it on to the MAAA for processing.

(21-02-2018, 11:56 PM)Busboy Wrote:  Hey Robbo, just want to make a correction in your post. The special GM is being held on Saturday, not Sunday.

Oops,... thx

SATURDAY 11AM folks!!

For all members ANSW will be holding a instructors course this year near us. All current instructors will have to renew or lose it,
Experienced pilots will benifit from this training to help beginners. You will have to have a working with children check.
If you are interested please let me know now.
You will have to have your golds wings but that can be arranged ASAP.

srl

Anyone can get a working with children check here-
https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transacti...dren-check

Members who are club committe members or wish to teach minors to fly will need one.

srl