Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Just arrived at the field and the weathers predict
Theres no one here
The strip is in fine condition much better than yesterday and it will only get better with this sunshine

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Gary & myself ventured out to PEMAC for a morning's fly in perfect conditions. Thanks again for maidening & trimming the Eratix Gazz, flies like a charm and even made me look good. Can see that plane improving my confidence & flying skills, E-flite magic. Hopefully Willy will be kind this week & allow us to have our field back & not just for bellylanders

I HAVE THIS WEEK OFF , is anyone flying at prcac this week ? and how is the strip ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

It ain't good Frank - I met up with Russ and FrankR this afternoon at McCoy and there's way too much water lying about. As usual there is standing water inches deep in parts, all the way from the taxiway west and the only part of the runway you can walk on is the eastern end. If you've got small bellylanders, then you should probably be alright making an angled approach from the eastern end, but that would be the extent of it. There's also water lying in pools in the carpark area, driving in would be a risky undertaking.
Sorry mate, it's no happy ending in sight yet.

Steve Murray

hey thanks for the update STEVE. well i guess building might be on hand again

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Is the usual mid-week mob intending on a morning session tomorrow?
I don't think the runway will be in very good condition, but I've got to catch up with srl some time.

Steve Murray

Hey Steve, I'm planning on getting there 10-ish.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Cheers Claudio - I'll see you there ... perhaps as early as 10:00am, you never know Wink
Don't like our chances of driving in mate, but we'll see what it looks like when we get there.

Steve Murray

Hope tio see you there at some stage today probably about 11.30 ish ??

Should be a big improvement in conditions I'd think....hope Wink

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Planning to hit the field tomorrow morning - did the r$#n perpetually forecast since Saturday ever actually arrive?

If the sun/wind has held, field should be markedly improved from what we had on the weekend.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

(31-07-2012, 08:12 PM)Claudius Wrote:  ... did the r$#n perpetually forecast since Saturday ever actually arrive?
In fact Claudio, it gives me great pleasure to say that it did not! Jeez, it kinda felt odd and unusual saying that, but I hope to get used to it!

(31-07-2012, 08:12 PM)Claudius Wrote:  If the sun/wind has held, field should be markedly improved from what we had on the weekend.
It should be yes - I haven't had time to check it out to be sure though (it's the first week of the spring semester so things have been busy).
I'd recommend an early start if I were you, since the wind has been coming up in strength mid-morning lately.

Steve Murray

Thanks for the update Steve!

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

It's very frustrating here at the moment - I'm immobile after a less-than-enjoyable trip to Westmead yesterday, and the conditions outside are absolutely perfect, not a breath of wind in a clear blue sky ... very annoying, since Willy says the run of r**n free days comes to an end on Saturday Frown

Steve Murray

(07-08-2012, 03:38 PM)smuzz Wrote:  It's very frustrating here at the moment - I'm immobile after a less-than-enjoyable trip to Westmead yesterday, and the conditions outside are absolutely perfect,

I hear you, I hope the westmead trip was not something serious!!
I work and work all week. no time off for flying.... watching this great day outside from my freezing glass office window......then the wind and rain hit us on the weekends..Upset why is thatMad

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Heading home from sunny & warm Hong Kong tomorrow. Have a few days off before I head back to work. I need some stick time as I've not flown for a bit. Heard the weather has been a bit squirrely back home. Has it settled any? For those that care, Hong Kong has had its warmest days in years. the other day it almost hit 40! Been pretty comfortable last couple of days in the low 30's, still it will be great to get back home.

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

G'day Mick the weather's nice for flying here today!!

puuurfect for flying today , i might head out tomorrow if the weather is anything like todays' .

Willy is saying conditions should be good for this Wednesday - I expect to be at McCoy around 9am.

Welcome home Kev!
We missed you.... and Steve is happy your back.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks Gaz, nice to be back.

Welcome back Kev, sorry wont be able to catch up on weekend to hear about your trip, am off to Dubbo for a few days

Heading down to maiden my depron extra.

It flies Smile

(16-08-2012, 06:32 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  It flies Smile
Thats a fantastic maiden flight report BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin.

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

crashes too, minor nose damage(motor and mount came off), nothing that can't be fixed. If I had installed landing gear it would have been saved. Wings had too much flex so I'll have to fix that too. Bit worried it will become too heavy for indoor flying. Oh well....

I've got the day off today so I'll be heading down to the field for a couple of hours this morning. After I drop the boy off at school should be down there around 9:45 with a Heli and a plane or 2.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Is anyone who is a instructor/able to buddy box free on Wednesday? I have the day off and wouldnt mind some flight time if possible.

Sorry Ben, Unfortunatley I am rarely if ever available during the week.
Super Steve may be able to help, but you will have to wait for his reply, Everbody else has real jobs!
Then again John H is a loose canon... watch this space!
Hello John..... John.... John.... are you there John?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I'm working Wednesday, but may be able to spare an hour after my first Job to help out if the job go's to Plan, will post.

But Garys Right Super Steve (SRL) Could Possibly help you Out as he is there normally on Wednesday.
And if you really Nice he might show you how Blu-Baby is really a 3d Plane with Hovers, Knife Edges, Blenders etc Smile

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I might be able to get down to the field around 2-3Pm Wednesday.
I have the day off but I've got to be at Mascot to drop off some freight at 12 noon
right in the middle of the day Frown

Thread Closed