Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK FOCUS .

purchased one of these off AARON , for a very cheap $35 .
i have to say they are a piece of JUNK . however i'm not complaining , its the way they come from factory .
anyhow . a few mods were necessary which i recommend before flight ready , what i did was change the ailerons as the ones on the plane were warped . i glued 2 pinned hinges on the underside of each aileron , and ran hinhge tape along the middle of each new balsa aileron .
i also made a dowel keeper plate out of ply to keep the wing secured and glued it on . the foam fuselage just isnt enough to gaurantee the wings wont rip off .
with this plane you have to remove the wing everytime you want to change the battery , i'd rather keep the wing fitted , so i used a soldering iron to burn neat holes into the fuselage at the top , entering the canopy , and placed the receiver and battery in the canopy .
this serves 2 purposes , one it keeps the servos inside clear , and 2ndly the wing can stay on when you change the battery .
the wing servo control rods are rubbish , i upgraded them to thicker rods to stop flex , the long elevon and rudder thin guage control rods flex like hell . so i stuck a piece of balsa between them and zapped together , which fixed the flex .
the elevon hinge was too stiff , i disconnected the control rod and bent it 90 degrees multiple times and reconnected , then it was ok .
aaron was unfortunate that the esc was shot on the origional purchase , but ordered and through in a better one with the sale of the plane .
however this was a mongral to change as it was hardwired ( soldered to the motor , i didnt bother with plugs on the new one and simply soldered thatone in also as room is an issue with these planes .
its ready for a fly , just need to paint the wings for orientation purposes mand work out the CG .

AS YOU CAN SEE , most of these mods need to be done IN MY OPINION , if ordering one be prepared for these mods before hand .
pics and maiden flight report to come .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Messages In This Thread
HK FOCUS . - by wingtipper - 29-08-2012, 06:46 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by wingtipper - 14-09-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by Steven - 14-09-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by gbanger - 14-09-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by wingtipper - 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by secant0give - 07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by wingtipper - 08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by secant0give - 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: HK FOCUS . - by wingtipper - 08-10-2012, 05:29 PM