Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

major 3D aerobatic manoeuvres

(30-11-2023, 02:37 PM)Florian Wrote:  Hi Greg,

Thanks for making this post, some great info and links. From Wildwings I can see my mistake with the knife edge spin, not slowly taking off the aileron.

For some inspiration, here is a link to one of the worlds best 3D pilots Jase Dussia (a fellow thumber!) giving a gnarly 3D demo with a camera view of his stick inputs. He pulls off some awesome maneuvers including most of the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duGLJ3LRaBU

Florian.

progress on knife edge spin:

Following practice, with my slick (0.9m span), I found I can get a good KE spin almost every attempt, with the edge (1m span) about 70% of attempts, with CY 1.1m about 50%.

My KE spin technique has evolved:

vertical climb to great height; cut throttle; when vertical dive has commenced simultaneously apply half throttle, full L ail, full L rud, and  full down ele; then slowly ease the ail to a small amount of L ail. If KE spin not achieved, I try toggle the throttle up and down a bit, and adjust the amount of L ail, sometimes these measures work. If no success within 5 seconds of effort, I suggest abandon the attempt, exit any spin (there likely will be a flat spin or a tumble) and regain height for a new attempt.
With a 3d plane simply centering rudder and aileron is sufficient to exit a spin.

The CY gave the best KE spin, wings vertical and fuse horizontal as spins on vertical axis through CG. I find I can get around 5 KE spin attempts per flight battery.

Messages In This Thread
major 3D aerobatic manoeuvres - by greggold - 27-11-2023, 05:14 PM
RE: major 3D aerobatic manoeuvres - by greggold - 30-11-2023, 01:00 PM
RE: major 3D aerobatic manoeuvres - by Florian - 30-11-2023, 02:37 PM
RE: major 3D aerobatic manoeuvres - by greggold - 02-12-2023, 12:32 PM