Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gaoneng 2S HV lipos

In the time of lipo shortage, I tried a new brand from PhaserFpv:
GNB GAONENG 650mAh 2S HV 7.6V 120C XT30 LiPo Battery FPV Drone Racing Light Weight LiHV High Voltage

I have been using these lipos to power several 80 cm span 3D planes for some time, and I have assumed being 2S lipos that they should be charged to 4.2 v per cell, total 8.4 volts. I think they perform well.

I today noticed they have a nominal voltage of 7.6v! Until now I have never seen a lipo with a "nominal voltage of 7.6v".

I posted a question on RCG:
On the website it seems all the Gaoneng 2S batteries have a nominal voltage of 7.6v. There is no advice on what voltage they should be charged to. I would appreciate if anyone can explain this. Can they be charged like all other 2S lipos are charged?

Fortunately I received a good reply. The above battery is not called a lipo, its a LiHV, which can be charged to either 4.2v per cell or 4.3 v per cell. It looks the same as a normal 2S lipo, and it performs well.

Oscar Liang provides useful details on LiHV.

https://oscarliang.com/lihv-lipo-drone-battery-hvli/

I plan to check my chargers whether they accept LiHV batteries, or whether they can accept a charge to 4.3v per cell.

Messages In This Thread
Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 19-10-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by caffeine - 19-10-2023, 04:42 PM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 20-10-2023, 06:51 AM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 24-10-2023, 02:53 PM