Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers

(13-09-2023, 04:08 PM)caffeine Wrote:  I have a few logical switches which provide me with a safe starting mechanism for my planes:

Logical Switch 1: Is active when the throttle stick is less than -98 (i.e. it's at the minimum position)

Logical Switch 2: Is active when LO1 is active AND my throttle cut switch is in the throttle enabled position

Logical Switch 3: Is a sticky switch that is activated when LO2 goes active, and deactivated when the throttle cut switch goes to the throttle disabled position. 

This switch is used to control when the engine is active, and when to set CH5 to 100 

Logical Switch 4: Is active when LO3 is inactive, and the throttle cut switch is in the throttle enabled position. This occurs when the throttle enable switch is turned on, but the throttle is not at the minimum position

Then I have a number of spection functions that take input from those logical switches.

When LO3 is inactive, the throttle is overridden to -100, and the radio announces 'throttle cut' (or 'engine off' in some of my planes)

When LO3 is active the radio announces 'throttle active'

When LO4 is active, the radio announces 'throttle warning'

When LO3 is active, the radio overrides CH5 to 100 (enabling all the ELRS goodness)

Liam

I suggest your method is too complex. Many members may be flying with ch 5 not armed (see PRCAC whatapp thread), which means the dynamic power is not as fast as it should be, although it still works. A simple on/off switch method is required for these members.  Ch 5 remains empty in the mixer, but you assign a switch to arm or disarm ch 5. If you use a throttle cut/thr-active switch (which is always active when the plane is in the air), this switch is set in a special function to override ch5, so that whenever the thr is active, the plane is armed. 

Greg

Messages In This Thread
A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers - by greggold - 13-09-2023, 12:17 PM
RE: A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers - by caffeine - 13-09-2023, 04:08 PM
RE: A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers - by greggold - 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
RE: A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers - by caffeine - 11-12-2023, 12:54 PM
RE: A guide to arming elrs for plane flyers - by secant0give - 01-01-2024, 07:12 PM