Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*PLEASE READ* Field Status Update

(11-04-2020, 07:30 PM)Gabino_Huerta Wrote:  Any news about this?

I went for a run in the morning and I can't understand how come the golf driving ranges are still open but not our clubs where we have more space to keep our distance and rarely have to touch anything other than our planes and radios.

Is there anything we can do to change this as the government did with recreational fishing?

G'day Gabino,

Unfortunately, no. There's been no status change with regard to field access.

I can certainly sympathise with your frustration, as no doubt can many others here in NSW and elsewhere. You could be forgiven for seeing double standard all around you.

As for what we can do to change things, I am not entirely sure that is in our best interests... but I am certainly open to discussion. Having not discussed this issue with the committee since the field closure on the 26th of March I would have to reach out to the boys at this point to determine what we might like to do if anything.

What we can and can't do under the current rules is made perfectly clear, while still being deliberately ambiguous enough to drive a recreational locomotive through. While the spirit and intent of the rules are made perfectly clear, there's plenty of wriggle room. As a result it really wouldn't surprise me if we could justify reopening in some form (perhaps on a roster or something) should the committee, preferably in consultation with and following suitable advice from the national association (MAAA) and state delegated authority (ANSW), wish to explore this possibility.

Looking at the example you've sighted, it is the Department of Primary Industries who provide guidance on whether fishing is ok or not. See here to read their advice to recreational fishermen in NSW. Note that while they make explicitly clear that all hunting in NSW is effectively banned, they cut a very different line on fishing. The DoPI (pronounced: dopey) provide plenty of advice without actually saying anything at all... other than to quote a very specific excerpt from the official police statement. What they are effectively saying without saying, because the police said it not them, is "go and get some exercise while exercising your best judgement". Or, in other words: "Go fishing, but, be responsible, don't be silly, don't blatently flout the rules, make sure you pass the character test if questioned, and reference this advice if you wish to avoid receiving a fine or to contest any fine issued".

Could the MAAA or, more likely considering the fact that the rules vary from State to State, the ANSW issue similar advice to member clubs like ours? Yeah, I reckon so, if they wished. As a member club we would be wise to consider any advice issued by the MAAA or ANSW.

I will discuss with the committee and see where it leads. Please be patient, we'll see what happens.

Regards,

j.

Messages In This Thread
*PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Quadzimodo - 26-03-2020, 01:19 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Gabo_Huerta - 11-04-2020, 07:30 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Quadzimodo - 12-04-2020, 02:55 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by secant0give - 17-04-2020, 06:11 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by srl - 11-05-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Busboy - 11-05-2020, 10:06 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by BOB - 11-05-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by ptk - 12-05-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by srl - 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM