Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

New Addition to the hanger.

Couldn't help my self, I caved in to the temptation, and ordered a fun jet from HK early last week. I also ordered the up grade motor and a heavier duty ESC

I received the kit on Friday but was to busy to do much with it over the weekend, I'm still waiting for the upgrade motor as well as that wasn't from the AU warehouse.

I couldn't help being a bit disappointed with the way the elevons were hinged and the elevons them selves come to think of it. No major drama tho' I just cut them off threw them away and replaced them with a new set of solid balsa ones planed from bunnings finest 3/8 balsa Smile
Then I thought that while I was at it I might as well take the servo's out and replace them with more powerful ones and then well why not relocate them on the upper side of the wing where they won't get rubbed in the mud when landing.
Now I'm just wondering weather to change the clevises for metal ones as well. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

It should be almost ready to go when the motor arrives.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci
Thread Closed

Messages In This Thread
New Addition to the hanger. - by dingy - 13-01-2011, 03:40 PM