Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Orange tx module power?

I use Orange modules with a 9XR and two 9XR Pro's exclusively.

I use both types of modules - the 2.5 year old Orange DSM2/DSMX module and it's great. In both a 9XR and 9XR Pro. My son uses this one now. My newer 9XR Pro has the newer DSM2/DSMX/Devo module and it too works just fine. I have been using it for about 8 months. Quads and planes.

Anyone who's seen me fly knows that I like to fly quite high and at quite a distance and I've never, ever ever had an issue with loss of reception. Bear in mind that a lot of so called "reception" issues are often caused by voltage drops at the receiver due to not using a BEC. I ALWAYS use a BEC other than in my smaller planes.

My Funfighter is probably the worst configured of the lot. It is using an old Orange RX610 which is DSM2 and has a short antenna and no BEC. NO ISSUES.

The only Orange module I have reservations about is the newer black one that is supported on the 9XR Pro only (DSM2/DSMX/Devo/Telemetry). However it hasn't been available since August last year and is ONLY supported on the 9XR Pro (not even the 9XR, so it won't work on a Taranis anyway).

There are no known major issues with the DSM2/DSMX/Devo module other than the black integrated antenna telemetry version. Which, as I stated above, hasn't been available for a long time now, presumably while Orange work out how to fix it.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Messages In This Thread
Orange tx module power? - by robbo - 07-01-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by disoriented - 07-01-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by secant0give - 07-01-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by BOB - 07-01-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by Busboy - 10-05-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by symowallo - 10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by secant0give - 10-05-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Orange tx module power? - by disoriented - 16-05-2016, 08:58 PM