Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy?

Sitting here staring out my windows watching the rain pouring out of the sky and thinking about what to make for my next project. It occurs to me it might be fun to make a quadcopter to mount my gopro too and as well, perhaps some FPV gear and do some nice videos like I see on youtube and tv doco's. Not just at the field but at other places (beach, mountains, parks etc)

Jumped onto the Internets and googled "quadcopter for GoPro" and was overwhelmed with choices. Quickly realised I had no idea even where to start so I thought I'd throw it out to the Quad guys in the club for some suggestions. Here is what I'm thinking I want:

I'd like to be able to mount my GoPro so I can do aerial videos. Gimbal mount would be nice but happy to have it fixed.

I'd also like to optionally mount some FPV gear. I notice that there are some really lightweight cameras and Tx's around now which would be good.

Would be really nice if it operated off a 3S 2200mah Lipo so I wouldn't have to buy a bunch of new batteries.

Reasonably good flight controller. I don't want to be doing loops or flips or anything, I just would like to have steady stable flight. I don't need GPS or any of those other fancy wossinames although if these were options for future expansion it would be good.

Not cost a fortune. I don't have a budget for this yet but I wouldn't want to spend more than $150-$200 on it. If it can't be done for this price then I don't think I want to do it Frown

I found the S500 FR4 Glass Fiber Quad Copter 480mm PNF Combo on the Hobbyking website. Seems ok to me. I'd be keen to see what others think of it?

Does anyone else have any better ideas for doing the things I want? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Messages In This Thread
A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 22-04-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 22-04-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by Kedumba - 23-04-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: A Quad for my GoPro - What to buy? - by secant0give - 24-04-2015, 10:34 AM