Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Battery bunker/workshops

The missus is finally sick of our lounge room being a hangar, so I'm now about halfway through building my mancave/rc workshop/shed in the backyard due to a lack of space in the living room and I'm planning to have it wired up. So I was thinking about how to handle battery charging in there. The shed is a standard steel job, and the floor is a timber deck built by yours truly. The hard part with the project is putting the foil insulation on the shed walls, as the standard shed doesn't come with an allowance for sarking.

I was thinking of building something for charging the batteries out of bricks, as I have plenty of spares. Just a few bricks mortared together in a standard pattern with a brick base. Resembling something like a pillar, and the batteries go in the middle whilst charging. And a smoke alarm on the ceiling. Lid I'm not sure about - maybe a piece of sheet metal or flashing curled over the edges to contain things in case something bad happens.

What do you guys use in your workshops?

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Messages In This Thread
Battery bunker/workshops - by symowallo - 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by JosephR - 07-10-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by symowallo - 07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by samste - 07-10-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by disoriented - 07-10-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by samste - 08-10-2014, 06:51 AM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by symowallo - 09-10-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Battery bunker/workshops - by secant0give - 09-10-2014, 09:46 PM