Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR

(25-02-2014, 04:43 PM)symowallo Wrote:  I recently acquired a Turnigy 9xr with OrangeRX module to replace my Spektrum DX6i. To say there is a learning curve would be an understatement.

I flashed it with the latest version of ER9x but found that I was unable to flash the EPROM - which sort of negates the benefits of it in the first place, because it meant I would be unable to setup the transmitter from my PC. So I ended up going with OpenTX. Whilst this is not the most intuitive system around (It appears to have been developed by Linux developers - ie. very little thought to usability), it is extremely powerful and with some help from YouTube, it does everything I want and more. I used the following videos from "Everything CPO" to get me started with it, which saved hours and hours of mucking around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u62GV22-bUc

Anyway just thought I'd post that in case anyone else is struggling to get started with OpenTX.

I made the same move DX6i to Turnigy 9XR with openTX.
It is a steep learning curve but with many benefits as you would already appreciate. Youtube did help to an extent but I did spend a lot of time experimenting.
I am using it for my multirotors and larger planes with Orange TX module and Orange and Spektrum recievers.
The only issue I have is that I have to bind most of my aircraft before each flight (as it looses it bind with them). Most probably a bad software load, but I love it now and don't want to screw with it (for now).
Let me know what your immediate issues are and I will see what I can do to assist. Otherwise I will be out at the field the next dry weekend we get.

cheers,
Andrew

Messages In This Thread
Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by symowallo - 25-02-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by riblit - 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by symowallo - 01-03-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by Rossy - 02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by disoriented - 02-03-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by riblit - 04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Getting up to speed with the Turnigy 9XR - by symowallo - 21-04-2014, 10:49 PM