Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rob's Swiss Cheese Glider

robair Wrote:Gday All

If I could involve our collective minds here it would be appreciated.
Due to a landing mishap on Monday (prop dug into soft ground) I have snapped the shaft of my Glider motor (Thunder Tiger OBL2909). I am not too sad about this as I have "tried" to snap it on many previous occasions to the point that I thought it may well be invincible, alas not true.
However, I cannot source a new shaft for the bugger anywhere, Mick at Kellets stated that they did not have any and may not for quite some time (months !! ). Does anyone know of any good parts stockists for such a shaft?

Finally, Steve was kind enough to rip out of his Aladdins Cave bag of parts a motor that I can use in the interim (Thanks Mate!!!), be warned, my glider now sounds like a demented very small lawnmower that is about to spontaneously explode, it's all good though. Smile

On a side note on monday the field was a hell of a lot better than expected, in another forum somewhere I think Paul commented that he found it also good and posted some photo's so don't be put off by the amount of rain we have had, the field is good. Just make sure you use a folding prop if you going to belly her in!

Cheers
Rob B

sorry rob i had abit of a look and other than the shops paul mentioned which i doubt will have i found very little on that motor..
here is a cheapy you could throw in the club order sunday night (although i could pick a couple of other motors to chuck in that would be fun also Icon_twisted )
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_...duct=8474#

sorry i couldnt help more

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Messages In This Thread
Rob's Swiss Cheese Glider - by robair - 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Re: Flying this Week... - by paulj - 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Re: Flying this Week... - by ~KevJ~ - 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Re: Flying this Week... - by Servo - 08-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Re: Flying this Week... - by kizza42 - 09-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Re: Rob's Swiss Cheese Glider - by robair - 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Re: Rob's Swiss Cheese Glider - by kizza42 - 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM