Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Going FPV (aka switching to the dark side...)

I think the mobula8 with the O3 is a good choice. I recall extensive discussion by Bardwell and Ian (Mads tech) on the firmware upgrade that allows goggles 3 to work with O3 air unit (which it initially did not for about 6 months I believe), but I have not tested this myself. Most people using the O3 air unit use the Goggles 2 or the Integra, and both give excellent quality. You might consider whether you can get a discounted goggles 2 now that the new goggles 3 is widely available.

On "going fpv": one of the most important issues is that it is possible to overheat and damage a vtx unit on a drone if the lipo is left plugged in when the drone is not airborne. Its a great idea to have a small fan on the workbench that you point at the vtx whenever you are working on the drone and have power going to it - I use a small fan with a rechargeable battery, its probably overkill but this fan is also great for cleaning keyboards and lots of stuff:

https://www.d1store.com.au/products/d1-l...duster-pro

A common situation is when your drone is connected to the laptop and betaflight configurator, and sometimes you use the lipo to power the drone while its connected to the laptop.

Messages In This Thread