Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!!

Here's the photos.

The wing is one sheet (1000x350) of 3mm depron folded over a combination CF square tube and 6mm balsa spar maning a 12mm spar thickness.

The fuse is similarly 3mm depron, folded. I did trim it to make a slightly tapered tail line but not enough to add any beauty at all.

The plane fley excellently. with the added flexibility that neither the landing gear, nor the wing are actually attached to the fuse except by the pressure of rubber bands, I could adjust the COG freely. However, on the spar proved to be near perfect. Despite the obvious twist in the fuse, it flew nicely with a couple of clicks of aileron and elevator.

It glides nicely and (as expected) rolls quite fast.

I was very pleasantly surprised for such a chuck together.

The prop damage was due to the elevator servo coming adrift from the depron (I had only held it in with 3 small servo screws and noting behind the depron (duh!). Unfortunately, it happened soom after an aorted landing and a "go around". The pull-out from the landing was probably too much for it.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by Drew - 26-03-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by Drew - 26-03-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by Drew - 26-03-2012, 09:21 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by smuzz - 26-03-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by paulj - 26-03-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by secant0give - 27-03-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by Drew - 27-03-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by secant0give - 27-03-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Fugly airlines - where Everything flies!!! - by Drew - 01-05-2012, 11:42 PM