Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Field Condition... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Field Condition... (/showthread.php?tid=65)

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 20-06-2011

OK Kev you bought your ticket
Welcome to the hit list..................Just remember you can run but you cant hide
Be very careful during flight..... my aircraft are expendable...... ARE YOURS ???
Mwo ah ah ah ah

RE: Field Condition... - paulj - 20-06-2011

Wish you young blokes would lay off...Smile
At least you're not ancient like me.

RE: Field Condition... - ~KevJ~ - 21-06-2011

lol..

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 21-06-2011

This Afternoon Deluge aint going to help the field much in its drying.

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 21-06-2011

Im pretty sure your dead right there Steve
I had a walk around the field on the way home from work today just before the rain and it was still a soggy bog. Cant see it recovering untill we get a full week of windy dry sunny weather.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 22-06-2011

(21-06-2011, 07:23 PM)samste Wrote:  This Afternoon Deluge aint going to help the field much in its drying.
Steve
I don't think very much rain actually fell here yesterday afternoon mate - but, as Gazz points out, it's still going to take some extended fine weather before the field is good again anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

RE: Field Condition... - Claudius - 23-06-2011

Popped in to the field this afternoon with Steve B.

Field condition better than expected. A bit spongy in places (especially down the western end of the field), but would be fine to drive in. Some minor circle work on the taxiway, and a/c with spindly landing gear might be challenged on take-off, but otherwise usable (especially with today's weather performance expected to be repeated tomorrow).

Bring on the weekend!

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 23-06-2011

Thats the best news we've heard in a few weeks.

RE: Field Condition... - ~KevJ~ - 23-06-2011

Smile

please stay good for sunday!

RE: Field Condition... - paulj - 24-06-2011

I may be tempted to fly Sat and Sun this weekend
if conditions are good.
If so, Saturday will only be for an hour or two.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 30-06-2011

KevB and I took ourselves over to the field for a few hours this morning. While we had a great time, helping ourselves to almost three hours taking it in turns to have the sky, the news isn't that good for weekend flying.

The main strip is unusable - there are about five large pools of water spread along it's length and there's no way they're going to be completely gone by Saturday. The cross-strip is good though and we used the full length of it. The forecasts indicate chances of light rain, but even if they don't arrive the water that's already there won't be gone.

Looks like another trip down the Great Western is on this weekend ...

RE: Field Condition... - brotherblonde - 30-06-2011

(30-06-2011, 07:31 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Looks like another trip down the Great Western is on this weekend ...

Thanks for the update Steve. Are we still required to have our mug shot taken this weekend?

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 01-07-2011

Yes we are Andew.
Kiran will be down on Saturday to take mug shots and I will be taking them on Sunday.

RE: Field Condition... - brotherblonde - 01-07-2011

Thanks Gazz, I'll put my make up on for you on Sunday.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 07-07-2011

I had a look at the field this afternoon and it's good to go!
The main runway is soft in patches, but there's no water on it and it will handle all of our planes without problems. The grass is still quite short too, so it doesn't need a mow.

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 07-07-2011

It needed a mow 2 weeks ago Steve, but I'm just being pedantic, sort of guy I am, Thanks for the update though mate, appreciate it.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 07-07-2011

No worries Gazz, my eyesight wasn't what it used to be, so I might have been looking at the roadway at the time Wink

However, Owen and I are certainly taking a squadron over there tomorrow morning and giving 'em all a workout. The turf looked pretty good and I reckon everything we've got will be able to land and take-off without much trouble. I should have taken a bloody photograph of the strip, but of course at my age I'm bound to forget to do things like that ...

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 07-07-2011

Hope you have a great day. Will look forward to the flying/field report.
I cant fly this Saturday, have family things on. But was hoping to get some serious air time in on Sunday if the field is up to it. I am suffering from BWSMF and its pissing me off.
(Bloody weathers stopping me flying)

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 20-07-2011

Taken at 10:45am today - pretty much as we'd expect.

RE: Field Condition... - brotherblonde - 20-07-2011

Thanks Steve.
How about we place a bulk order for RC boats? Smile

RE: Field Condition... - dingy - 20-07-2011

Thanks Steve

RE: Field Condition... - Servo - 20-07-2011

Don't worry, there's plenty of high winds to blow all the water away.

There is always Indoor flying on the 13th August, no water or wind there.
How about a bulk order for this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17899__HobbyKing_Swamp_Dawg_Air_Boat_ARR.html

RE: Field Condition... - Skidz - 20-07-2011

(20-07-2011, 12:18 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Taken at 10:45am today - pretty much as we'd expect.

bugger... looks like the heli fliers will have to walk in - again! Biggrin

(20-07-2011, 06:03 PM)Servo Wrote:  Don't worry, there's plenty of high winds to blow all the water away.

There is always Indoor flying on the 13th August, no water or wind there.

Sounds good to me (now that I have something to fly) Wink .

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 20-07-2011

Sorry Dave but bugger the heli fliers.... its ANOTHER week before I get to maiden my Deuces Wild, ......and I'm not carrying it in it weight a ton.................. see you in 2 or 3 weeks ... I hope, bloody rain.
You know ....if I got a chance .....I would punch mother nature right in the mouth.... she has seriously been a bitch lately.
I will probably need to enrol in a refresher course for RC pilots to remind me how to fly.............................................................................shit weather

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 21-07-2011

Yep i hate to say it but i agree we have had a bad run of weather of late.
Hopefully this awful winter weather were having will go and summer will bring change and many weekends of A1 weather.

As for The Field it's a wash out this weekend even if it stop raining today which it ain't, Runways will be out of action for a good couple of weekends as it still was recovering from last downpour.

Steve Frown

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 21-07-2011

Come on guys, I seen a couple of float planes in other people hangers.
Get them out, I would love to seen them taking off from our watery strip.
As for the moblie ceiling fans, they need to get down to the field and start drying it out for us fixed wingers.
On a serious note if the weather improves and at this point Sunday appears to be the only chance I will probably be going out to PEMAC. Is anyone else thinking the same?

ChrisM

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 21-07-2011

Im not flying at all this weekend. Deceided that this bloody rain was an ideal opportunity to visit the relo's. I'm off to Foster for the weekend. I hope the weather improves so you guys can get some air time, I'm planning a huge flying day next weekend, if our field has not improved by then I will be heading out to PEMAC to catch up on some seriously overdue flight time.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 21-07-2011

(21-07-2011, 04:54 PM)gbanger Wrote:  ... next weekend, if our field has not improved by then ...

I can promise you it won't be serviceable GG.
Owen and I just stopped by on the way home, and it's a shocking sight. I didn't bother taking another photograph - too depressing.
Chris' suggestion of float-planes is alright, but even then we'd need it to actually stop raining first Frown

Yep, another trip out west is the best option - looks like those PEMAC membership fees are going to pay for 'emselves pretty quickly! (It's a better spot for your Duece's maiden anyway, in the opinion of humble self.)

RE: Field Condition... - popeyepete - 21-07-2011

The way this rain is pouring, i dont think we'll fly again at PRCAC until late August if not Sept.

RE: Field Condition... - helijeli - 21-07-2011

It's been about 4 weeks since my DX7 died (still not repaired - have to get an update). I guess if it had to happen at least it's at a time when like everyone else, I wouldn't have gotten much flight time anyway. I too feel like I'm going to need a refresher course. (let's see...the pointy end of the plane is the part that you throw at the sky?)