Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Field Condition... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Field Condition... (/showthread.php?tid=65)

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 26-10-2013

wow that was quick !!
Good stuff,

Gues what there's another load of rubbish dumped in front of the gate
I saw it as I drove past the field 10 mins ago on my way to mum and dads
I also notice there is a big yellow warning under video surveillance sign on the pole

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 26-10-2013

I rang Gazz this morning to advise that there was clear access to the field and asked him to post that advice. Unfortunately I had not given clear advice (sorry Gazz). Although there was rubbish at the gateway, there was sufficient room beside the rubbish to access the field without a 4WD.
What you saw Jason is the same as this morning and we have not had an additional load to completely block the field access.
I did not see the original load which Chris described and am not sure if what was there today is the same. Here are a couple of photos taken about 6pm this evening, showing there is still the previously misdescribed clear access to the field.

Thanks for clearing that up Wayne, The shadows look pretty long in those photos they must have been taken late this afternoon?

RE: Field Condition... - stillflyin - 27-10-2013

10 a.m.

Anyone at the field? How is the air there?

Went out to pack the car and the smoke was so bad I could hardly breathe and the eyes instantly started watering.

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 15-11-2013

I was at the field this afternoon and the strip was quite firm with the exception of the usual patch at the western end of the strip close to the reeds. The strip does need a mow even though it was done just on a week ago and there is quite a bit of rubbish lying around. Given the forecast I'm not sure how much flying will take place this weekend, but let's wait and see.

Chris M

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 29-11-2013

The strip has been mown and the field should be in pretty good condition for those flying this W/E considering the rain we had a week back - there is only a small portion of the main strip that needs to be avoided. I don't think the small amount of rain we had today will do very much.

Chris M

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 04-12-2013

Hi All,
I was thinking of mowing some of the field and strips tomorrow evening (Thursday) after work to make it look its best for the Xmas Party on Sunday. I will be be starting at 5pm and if anyone else would like to lend a hand that would be great, it normally takes me about 2 1/2 hrs to do most of it. If you can help out and have a whipper snipper please bring it along as there are some places that need trimming, ie. up the hill near the storage box and under the trees.
According to the weather forecast we should only be getting a small amount of rain overnight which shouldn't stop us from mowing.

Thanks
Chris M

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 04-12-2013

I'll be there Chris - I'll bring my mower and do the areas that are less critical than the runway, like the taxiway and the carpark. I've got a meeting at work which finishes at 3:30pm, so I'll get out to McCoy as soon as I can after that.

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 06-12-2013

Steve M and I did some mowing yesterday but were unable to do the strip as it had pools of water on it from the night before's rain.
We are going to attempt to finish it off this evening from 5pm for any willing parties that may wish to assist.

Chris M

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 26-12-2013

Has anyone had a chance to look at the field today? I wanted to, but couldn't get there - I'm wondering how much water is on the runway.

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 26-12-2013

I was down there early afternoon and it was pretty good
No probs driving in tho there were the usual puddles but it was very flyable

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 26-12-2013

Thanks Jason.
We had another dump at about 8:00pm this evening too - hopefully didn't add too much. I'm heading out to PEMAC tomorrow, but I hope to be able to check on McCoy on the way home.

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 27-12-2013

Have a great Day out there Smuzz !!

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 03-01-2014

I'm wondering if there's a mowing party planned for this afternoon?
I've got a few things to deal with during the day, but I was planning on getting down to the field to see if things needed a once-over before the weekend.

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 03-01-2014

Sorry I can't make it down to help out.... but as usual I'm stuck at work till late.
Gazz

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 03-01-2014

The strip and outfield has been mown - picture perfect at present.
Rather than mowing this afternoon take a plane down and have a twilight flight in near perfect conditions.

Steve,
If you go down for a twilight fly let me know and I'll join you.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 03-01-2014

That's fantastic! - thanks Chris ( ... and Pete, I notice from the maintenance thread!).

I won't be able to get any batteries charged before tomorrow, Chris - but thanks again anyway.
See you tomorrow and/or Sunday.
Cheers,
Steve

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 21-01-2014

Hi all,
I walked into the field this evening to see what it looks like after the rain we have had here at Toonie.
Well, apart from a puddle about 1m in diameter on the side of the main strip and the usual water course on the southern end of the cross strip she is quite dry.
Anyone thinking of flying tomorrow (like me), it should be all good.

Chris M

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 30-01-2014

I would Like To Say a Big Thankyou for the Effort and Time To the Guys Mowing The Prcac Flying Field.
Caught one of the Mowing Guys Peter H slugging away in the Heat Today.
Thanks Guys So much, and i am sure everyone Really appreaciates the Efforts you guys go Too.

P.s The Field Looks Good and all Marked Up.

We have a New Ext Pole for Wind Sock, Try Not to over Tighten when extending or you may find it hard to untighten.

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 30-01-2014

My thanks go out to Pete & ChrisM, they have been regulars in the mowing regime. I know others also assist (with thanks) but these 2 guys are legends.
Although not strictly every 2 weeks, I will commence having every second Thursday off commencing 20th Feb and but will need the use of somebody's mower as I do not own one (paved yard at home). At the least I would like to offer my mowing assistance on my days off if I can co-incide with a mower owner.

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 15-02-2014

Visited the field for a looksee about 3pm today, rain since yesterday has filled my birdbath at home but has made no impact on our field. Not even our usual sopts have any pooling & the strip is solid underfoot. Forecast is not looking good for tomorrow and again I will leave it until tomorrow morning to report on the likelihood of a Sunday flyday.

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 15-02-2014

We havn't had much rain here at the top of the hill at what used to be old Toongabbie, just enough to make the lawn damp, that's all

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 16-02-2014

Didn't have a look at the field today, but I imagine it will be pooled again. Willy says rain until Wednesday so my first Thursday off & ready to do a mow, that might not even be possible. Gazz has had a delay in handing over the mower, so I will only be able to assist if anybody with a mower will be there then ----- Pete????

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 16-02-2014

I haven't had a look either, mate - but the steady rain we've had throughout the last 48 hours here has me thinking that things would not be good on the ground at the runway.
Also, I think that given the current situation, if this prognostication is realised ...

... then you could probably spend your RDO doing something else.

RE: Field Condition... - peterh - 17-02-2014

We might be mopping instead of mowing.

Pete.

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 17-02-2014

Anyone know where we can get a supersoaker used at the cricket ?

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 21-02-2014

Has anybody had a chance to look at the field today or know if the hefty rain on Wednesday restored Lake McCoy

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 21-02-2014

I had a look this afternoon at about 3:00pm and about half the runway area was useable. I'd probably fly my PZ Trojan there if I'd completed the build, but I wouldn't fly anything which needed more space to land than that.

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 06-03-2014

I was at the field for a few hours mowing this afternoon and the field has suffered a bit from the recent rain. The first 20-30m of the strip from the inramp end is quite soggy & grass is getting a little long unable to be mowed without deep wheel furrows. Our usual puddles to the left & rght of the pilot box are present and look a mess. The creek end of the cross strip is also soggy & also unable to be mowed.