Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Field Condition... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Field Condition... (/showthread.php?tid=65)

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 07-03-2013

Yep - OK Chris, that sounds perfect.

Most of the debris which I saw and photographed on 27th Feb seems to have been washed away by subsequent flows, but there's a fair bit of litter about the field generally. I'll probably have to leave the field at around the time you get there (... off to the MASNSW meeting for a few hours of riveting entertainment) but I'll see what I can do with the mower beforehand so that you haven't got the whole thing to deal with.

Thanks mate - see you Friday!

RE: Field Condition... - BOB - 07-03-2013

I can come down on Friday afternoon about four o'clock. Unfortunately, my ma won't fit in my car. What I can do is bring some tools, and I'll try and sort out the rubbish at the gate. If that's alright.

Kind regards, Bob.

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 12:40 AM)smuzz Wrote:  Yep - OK Chris, that sounds perfect.

I'll see what I can do with the mower beforehand so that you haven't got the whole thing to deal with.

Thanks mate - see you Friday!

Sounds like a plan Steve.
If you can do the taxiway, pilot box & if you have time the heli area and I'll do the main strip and finish off the heli area. That would take me about 1 1/2 hours which means I'll be gone by sunset.

Cheers mate.

Chris

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 07-03-2013

Yip - all good!

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 08-03-2013

Bit of a change of plan for me Chris - I was expecting to get to the field at about 4:00pm and do the sections you suggested, but I'm probably not going to get there until about 5:30pm now. It is a bit annoying, but no big deal as I should still be able to get through it before I've got to shoot-through.
See you there I guess! Smile

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 08-03-2013

I have the day off today, anybody able to lend me a mower so I can join the mowing brigade

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 08-03-2013

I'm heading down there now. I have a mower and the brushcutter with me

Main strip, pilot box & taxiway all mowed late this morning. Strip is quite soggy Grace end of field and on far side of field but the majority of mowed strip quite firm underfoot and good for a fly. Jason got stuck into the longer grass beside the creek opposite the pilot box, so once out field dries out, we could get our old runway back in the not too distant future. A pile of debris needed to be cleared from heli area & mowed. Grass inbetween tyre tracks of entry ramp overly long. Perhaps we can convince council to mow this area & longer grass of dry areas

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 01:47 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Main strip, pilot box & taxiway all mowed late this morning.

Well done chaps!

I am assuming that there is no need for smuzz or myself to come down to field with mowers this afternoon - would I be correct in that assumption?

Cheers
Chris

I am assuming that there is no need for smuzz or myself to come down to field with mowers this afternoon - would I be correct in that assumption?

Cheers
Chris
[/quote]
Only if you wish to tackle the heli area or entry ramp

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 02:25 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I am assuming that there is no need for smuzz or myself to come down to field with mowers this afternoon - would I be correct in that assumption?

Cheers
Chris
Only if you wish to tackle the heli area or entry ramp

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up Wayne.
I think I will leave it for another time and maybe go down this arvo for a short fly instead if the wind is favourable.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 08-03-2013

Thanks Wayne!
I'm not going to make it either ... sorry, heli dudes.

RE: Field Condition... - wingtipper - 12-03-2013

not good . was there today , and whilst the runway is getting long , it just needs its usual mow , which some club members do a thankless brilliant job doing .
the rest of the field is 2 feet long , with paspallum and very long grass , the driveway entry has grass weeds higher than the bonnet of the car , but the field has tonnes and tonnes of long grass over the whole area which needs to be slashed .

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 12-03-2013

Yeh, I guess we're going to have to wait for the council slasher bloke to do the field and the track in.

Looks like Friday afternoon for a planned mowing session again, so that things are ship-shape for the visitors we anticipate on the weekend. As usual, it's only feasible for the runway, taxiway, pilot's box and the heli practice area to be mown with the gear we've got available. If we had five or six mowers there then perhaps it would be possible to do everything but it would be a better arrangement if the council slasher made an appearance for us.

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 12-03-2013

Hi Guys,
If anyone wants to use Ron's mower thu the week to make a start at getting the field ready for Sunday's pylon racing, they can drop by and pick it up.
Unfortunately I am again unavailable this W/E and can not see me making it Friday evening to mow either.

I hope it is great event Sunday and the first of many invitation events.

Cheers
Chris

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 12-03-2013

I am Hoping to be able to re arrange work so i can get down Friday afternoon, but its not a definite as i have a lot on.

Possibly if we can get many mowers down on Friday arvo we could possibly get it mowed or possibly Saturday Afternoon To Get The Field Ready for Sunday.

Steve Smile

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 12-03-2013

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon, I might be able to pick up the mower and make a bit of a start on it. Where do I have to pick it up from? and what time can I get there ?

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 13-03-2013

What time are you planning on mowing Jason.
Depending on work, I might be able to come down for a few hours.

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 13-03-2013

I'm hoping to get there a little before 4 pm
It all depends on how things go at work today but at the moment things are looking remarkably good. Smile

RE: Field Condition... - chrism - 13-03-2013

Hi Jason,
Unfortunately I missed your 10:51pm thread until now and I won't be home from work until 6pm so I'm sorry to say it's a no go for you to use tonight.
Perhaps if you want to pick it up after you've been to the field and have it ready for Friday - just a thought.

Cheers
Chris M

PS. My mobile number is on the contacts list if you do want to drop by.

That's OK Chris,
I might be able borrow another machine for this evening.
I'll see how I go Smile

RE: Field Condition... - wingtipper - 13-03-2013

there is a ride on mower for sale for $990 UP THE ROAD , HAS BEEN FOR SALE FOR AGES . I WONDER IF A $500 BID WILL SUFFICE . would the committee be interested ?

I can't make it today... stuck at work with isues!!!
Have you got any details on the mower Frank?
Where is "up the road"?
Can you get:-
Make, Model, Age, Cut diameter, Physical size/ dimensions etc?

RE: Field Condition... - wingtipper - 13-03-2013

(13-03-2013, 03:45 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I can't make it today... stuck at work with isues!!!
Have you got any details on the mower Frank?
Where is "up the road"?
Can you get:-
Make, Model, Age, Cut diameter, Physical size/ dimensions etc?

Gary i'll have a look , it's at ORCHARD HILLS , owned by a farmer with acherage . i'ts electric start , looks a little rough , is green . thats all i know , had i quick look some time ago , tyres were good . the rest i'll have to find out . if it is still there i'll let you know with a few more details . i'll take some pics and post in the members section .

Sorry I couldn't get down to help out today men, I had an ISSUE at work and didn't get out of the place till after 6pm.

I didn't get there either but I did manage to pick up the big mower from Chris ready for Friday arvo mowing session

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 15-03-2013

Well - according to Willyweather, it's an 80% chance of 1-5mm today. But none for tomorrow and only a negligible chance for Sunday. If we can get the field mown later today without interruption, then we'll be doing the best we can to get it looking suitable for Sunday.
See you later with mower(s) at the ready!

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 15-03-2013

I have the Big mower of Ron's and I'll be at the field early this afternoon
See you all there !! I will also bring the bush beast if anyone wants to have a go at the reeds Smile

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 15-03-2013

Heading down to do some mowing cannot stay long but will try and do as much as i can.

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 15-03-2013

(15-03-2013, 12:14 PM)samste Wrote:  Heading down to do some mowing cannot stay long but will try and do as much as i can.

Steve

Will see you there soon Steve Leaving work now