Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
Field Condition... - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Field Condition... (/showthread.php?tid=65)

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 12-04-2012

(12-04-2012, 06:10 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Well, some good news at last! I met Claudio, Angus, FrankdB and SteveL down at the field on Wednesday morning and the runway had dried out quite well since the drenching last Sunday night. I was a bit worried about the rest of this week though, because Willy said 95% chance of 5-10mm for yesterday - but it never showed up. A 70% chance of 1-5mm was tipped for today, but that doesn't look likely either now. The forecasts for tomorrow and the weekend look to be excellent.
So, it means a mowing session tomorrow afternoon probably won't be wasted! Junior and I are planning on cutting the runway down good and low like last time - make it look like a snooker table. Anyone who can join us would be welcome too of course.
Chocks away!....

Heh Steve i don't know if i can make it but is it possible to give the grass up around the corner as discussed last onsite meeting.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 12-04-2012

Um, sorry Steve - I'm not quite sure which bit you're talking about. Let me know and I'll do what I can though.
Cheers,
S

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 13-04-2012

The field is now "Good to go" for this weekend!

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 13-04-2012

Once again, a big thanks on behalf of the club for the effort put in this afternoon by Steve M and Steven L.
Well done guys.

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 18-04-2012

Well Guys it was Short Lived, That Is Prcac Field Conditions Improving.

As of Today 10am This Is Our Beloved Field, Not Much else To Say........

http://youtu.be/hYY4W514Ea0

RE: Field Condition... - paulj - 18-04-2012

Great................................Frown

RE: Field Condition... - kizza42 - 18-04-2012

Lol, I wonder how close to the box!

RE: Field Condition... - wingtipper - 18-04-2012

does this happen everytime it rains ?

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 18-04-2012

Every time it rains like it has this week it does Smile

We have had an unusual amount of rain in the las 6 months !!

(18-04-2012, 11:59 AM)kizza42 Wrote:  Lol, I wonder how close to the box!

I did actually had a look around and its actually no water at the bottom of first marker. Toongabbie will be underwater if it gets that High, uuummmmmm water front Property Wink

Steve
(18-04-2012, 12:05 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  does this happen everytime it rains ?

Frank why are you buying Planes, Boats are what you Want Biggrin
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14552__Hornet_Formula_1_Tunnel_Hull_with_540_Outboard_Motor_R_C_Racing_Boat_750mm_.html

P.s Don't you love the last Photo of The Boat Ramp Entry !

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 18-04-2012

Yep, if I walk out onto the street in front of my place I can hear it rushing down the throat of that concrete thing Frown

RE: Field Condition... - dwils - 18-04-2012

great for ducks just had a look and I think it may be deep enough for the QE2 to Moore as well

I rekon your right Darren, I think it was even Deeper than what i saw going by the Water line on the Wall in Photo and Clip but i could be wrong.

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - dwils - 18-04-2012

well I am right for this weekend R/C submarines 49.95 batteries included

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 18-04-2012

(18-04-2012, 04:45 PM)dwils Wrote:  well I am right for this weekend R/C submarines 49.95 batteries included
Batteries not needed, once in the water it will travel for miles. Even with batteries, same result, unless able to travel underwater as fast as our planes to battle the current

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 19-04-2012

Update as of 2pm this afternoon

Steve

RE: Field Condition... - wingtipper - 19-04-2012

massive difference

RE: Field Condition... - paulj - 19-04-2012

yea big difference.
This is the time now to be alert for the bikers as
some serious damage can be done.
Hope they keep well away.

RE: Field Condition... - dingy - 20-04-2012

I agree Paul,

We have been luckly so far, keep everything crossed for good luck.

Will now still require some drying time unless it becomes windy as the temp now is a lot cooler & still will fall in the coming months.

Was looking to fly on ANZAC Day, doesn't look good @ the moment!

Ingo

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 20-04-2012

Thanks for taking and posting those Pics Steve.
I was wondering what the field was looking like.
I might head down there on the weekend wiht a hand launcher or two, more of it should drain away by then. Looks like the water is still running a little bit

RE: Field Condition... - Flying fisho - 20-04-2012

Looks like another trip to Culburra Beach (past Nowra) this weekend, for fishing this time & some more work on Margarets mothers house in preparation for sale. Hope you guys get some flying in & hope to join you next weekend for some flying myself.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 20-04-2012

Junior, KevB and myself had a walk around McCoy this morning - the field is not fit for vehicular access, and the runway has a lot of standing water in far too many places to be operational. If you were really committed to a fly, you could get away with putting small belly-landers down in the long grass between the runway and where we (would normally) park our cars, but that's about it.

RE: Field Condition... - secant0give - 20-04-2012

Sounds pretty sloppy
Might be worth a trip to Penrith or Blacktown ??

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 20-04-2012

Yes Jason - or elsewhere ... we're thinking about a trip to Vineyard! (over to the "Flying this weekend" thread)

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 22-04-2012

I stopped by McCoy for a walk around this afternoon and saw Russell just finishing off some heli practice.
The field is recovering but is still way too wet to use for planes. The weather forecasts for this week look a whole lot better than last, so perhaps it will be good for mowing on Friday ... will see how things turn out.

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 26-04-2012

Anyone been over for a look at the runway in the last 24hrs or so?

RE: Field Condition... - gbanger - 26-04-2012

That will be a NO ! from me Steve, if you get a chance to check it out and it needs a mow send me an SMS and I will try to get down late tomorrow.
I'm on holidays for the next 2 weeks ( FINALLY) starting tomorrow, so I am planning on getting some mega air time. Weather permitting !!!!!!

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 26-04-2012

Onya Gazz - I don't think I'll have a car tomorrow afternoon and I'll be a bit pissed-off if I push the mower all the way over there, just to find that it's still a swamp! Anyway, I'll let you know mate, thanks.

RE: Field Condition... - samste - 27-04-2012

Do we need a hand with the mowing down at Field ?

Steve Smile

[/i]

RE: Field Condition... - smuzz - 27-04-2012

It would be good if you were passing by Steve - yes.
I've almost got the runway done (it's a bit sloppy compared to last time, but good enough to use). Haven't done the taxi-way, pits, heli practice area or carpark yet though. My mower is also razzed as the raise/lower mechanism is broken and I have to drag the thing backwards to stop the front of the chassis from digging into the mud - it's a pain in the ******* (blocked content) ****!