Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers (/showthread.php?tid=1484)

WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 25-07-2017

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had some 4+ Channel Spektrum receivers available?

Cheers,

James

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - robair - 25-07-2017

Gday James

I think I have a couple floating around. Are you after specifically Spektrums or would you consider the orange rx clones from Hobby King?

Rob B

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 25-07-2017

Hi Rob,

I tried using the Orange RX with my DX6 and it wouldn't hold the bind, so I had to rebind each time. So specifically after Spektrum Smile

Thanks!

James

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - dfw - 25-07-2017

Personally I had no issues with Orange receivers so far.
Is it doing for all receivers, or is this one Orange RX faulty ?

I might have a spare RX, will check later today.
Ultimate Hobbies at Parramatta also carries spektrum receivers if the target is to fix next weekend's flying gig.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 25-07-2017

No it worked fine with an older generation DX6i, but for the new DX6 is doesn't hold.
I bought an ARF Kit from Hobbyking and not wanting to spend big $$ so hoping to get a second hand Spektrum reciever that someone might have lying around and wants to sell.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - BOB - 25-07-2017

Hi, James. I have several spectrum receivers that I’m no longer using and I bring down to the field next time I’m gonna be there probably Sunday at this stage.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Quadzimodo - 25-07-2017

(25-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  No it worked fine with an older generation DX6i, but for the new DX6 is doesn't hold.
I bought an ARF Kit from Hobbyking and not wanting to spend big $$ so hoping to get a second hand Spektrum reciever that someone might have lying around and wants to sell.

I have an AR636A 6-Channel AS3X receiver (pulled from a BNF Theory Type W flying wing) that I have never used and would be happy to part with. Feel free to make me an offer if it suits your purposes.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 26-07-2017

Hi Bob,

Sounds good, unfortunately I am unable to fly Sunday's but I'm not in a huge rush so over the next few weeks if your down on a Saturday we could work something out then Smile

Thanks for your offer Jason, that particular receiver is quite advanced as its only a 1200mm 4 channel 3D plane, I'm not looking at spending big $$ on this build, as its my first Smile I'm seeing that, the receiver is about $130 new and I don't want to spend over $40 on a receiver as I only really need a basic 4 channel. If your happy to part with it for $40 thats cool, if not thats totally fine Smile

Thanks Bob and Jason Smile

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Quadzimodo - 26-07-2017

(26-07-2017, 03:16 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  Hi Bob,

Sounds good, unfortunately I am unable to fly Sunday's but I'm not in a huge rush so over the next few weeks if your down on a Saturday we could work something out then Smile

Thanks for your offer Jason, that particular receiver is quite advanced as its only a 1200mm 4 channel 3D plane, I'm not looking at spending big $$ on this build, as its my first Smile I'm seeing that, the receiver is about $130 new and I don't want to spend over $40 on a receiver as I only really need a basic 4 channel. If your happy to part with it for $40 thats cool, if not thats totally fine Smile

$40 sounds perfectly acceptable to me mate.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 26-07-2017

(26-07-2017, 05:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Sounds good, will you be down on Sat?

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Quadzimodo - 26-07-2017

(26-07-2017, 06:14 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  

I will make a point to pop down by midday on Saturday.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Muggers1234 - 27-07-2017

(26-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Jason, do you have a programming cable for Spektrum? I'm concerned that its going to be programmed to your wing and not work properly with the aircraft I am building? sorry just a newb at this.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Busboy - 27-07-2017

You programme your model into your tranmitter. The Rx just comunicates what you have programmed setting for that model to the servos. There is no programming of a receiver at all. The stabilization of the Rx is just a part of the Rx and doesn't need programming for different models...

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - dfw - 27-07-2017

that was my initial thought as well , but after a quick read trough the manual, you will need the programming cable.

You have to set up the wing type and mount direction of the receiver according to your your plane.
A wing setup won't work in a 4 channel plane.

link : https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR636-AS3X_Programmer_App_Instructions_Manual_EN.pdf

Ahh okay, Thanks for that Dirk. Did you happen to find any standard Spektrum Receivers?

In that case Jason, I apologise but it seems as though cause its pre programmed to the Wing it wont be suitable for the 3d plane.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - dfw - 27-07-2017

I should still have a AR6110x I bought from Rob earlier for $25.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Quadzimodo - 27-07-2017

(27-07-2017, 02:47 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  Ahh okay, Thanks for that Dirk. Did you happen to find any standard Spektrum Receivers?

In that case Jason, I apologise but it seems as though cause its pre programmed to the Wing it wont be suitable for the 3d plane.

No skin mate, all good.

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - srl - 27-07-2017

HI James
I just got back from a few flights.
I've got a AR6100 you can have for free. If Dirk's offer is DSMX it will be a better match for your TX(cool factor).
The htx900's will be fine. Later if you can find any Hitec hs65 servos for $25-30 you will get a better experience and value from them.

srl

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the offer, that would be perfect as thats what I have in my Tundra and is better suited for the plane. the Ar6110 is a micro park flyer receiver.

I bought some stuff off hobbyking and I am currently building the plane as we speak. If you bring the AR6100 on Sat I should be able to Maiden it assuming my order for electronics comes on Friday Biggrin I ended up going with these servos Turnigy™ TGY-9025MG MG Servo 1.8kg / 0.09sec / 11g

Thanks again Jason and Dirk.

Actually I just saw your other post, I guess not this Saturday if your at the Pitt town Field Smile

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Babar - 28-07-2017

(27-07-2017, 11:21 AM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Jason, do you have a programming cable for Spektrum? I'm concerned that its going to be programmed to your wing and not work properly with the aircraft I am building? sorry just a newb at this.

Wired

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - dfw - 28-07-2017

Babar ? not feeling well ? or are you missing us already ?

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Babar - 31-07-2017

yea certainly missing u guys...any one wanna come for fly at pemac are most wellcome

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - dfw - 31-07-2017

We shall do that one day soon ! Wink

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Busboy - 18-08-2017

Perhaps we could do a mass attack to PMAC for a fun fly with them.....

James, if you are still looking for some Spektrum Rx, let me know as I have a few here that we can do a deal with...

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - Babar - 18-08-2017

(18-08-2017, 12:00 PM)Busboy Wrote:  Perhaps we could do a mass attack to PMAC for a fun fly with them.....

James, if you are still looking for some Spektrum Rx, let me know as I have a few here that we can do a deal with...

wellcome...you will enjoy the Long landing approaches and no soggy fields...even the wind factor is very less...

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - robair - 20-08-2017

G'day James
Did you get sorted with the rx?
I have a spektrum 6ch dsm AR6100 doing nothing, $25
Rob B

RE: WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers - srl - 21-08-2017

Sorry Rob
I had one doing nothing too so I gave it to James.

srl