Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - BOB - 14-12-2016

>Hi guys. What’s happening with the Christmas BBQ, I know Chris is been very sick and we can’t expect him to organise it but maybe some of us can help to organise it all we need is a barbecue and a few drinks a chance to meet all the members and chew the fat?. Bob<

>Hi guys. What’s happening with the Christmas BBQ, I know Chris is been very sick and we can’t expect him to organise it but maybe some of us can help to organise it all we need is a barbecue and a few drinks a chance to meet all the members and chew the fat?. Peter H <

Hi fellow members unfortunately the original post was put into members forum only but it’s been pointed out that many of the new members can’t access members only forum so I’m reposting on general what’s happening we were planning to have a barbecue on Saturday the 17th’s but whether may be against this but hopefully not anybody is interested please post here because we need a exactly numbers to cater and what will happen if the whether against us I will put our cancellation post up on Friday night.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - disoriented - 14-12-2016

Apologies, I will not be able to attend because my daughter's birthday party is that same day.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - helijeli - 14-12-2016

I will come (just me), but I suspect that it will be washed out - fair bit of rain next couple of days, although less rain forecast for Saturday. I guess we'll see.
P.S. Hi Andre, havent run into you at the field in quite a while. With constant wind and other things, haven't been down as often. Catch you there sometime I'm sure.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - Spook - 14-12-2016

G'day Bob, thanks for posting, I will put my name down as attending thanks.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - BOB - 16-12-2016

Hi guys. Well it’s not gonna take me to tell you that Saturday is not happening very frustrating indeed McCoys bad weather curse strikes once again. The way the weather is looking there will be no flying this side of Christmas.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - Busboy - 16-12-2016

Was about to call you Bob, but yes, looks like a washout yet again. Perhaps a BBQ to start 2017 off the right way.... I think we'll have to keep it a secret next time so Mother Nature doesn't overhear us.....lol

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - Chris Mc - 16-12-2016

I would suggest the Australia Day weekend, on the Sunday not actually Australia Day, as people generally have things arranged that day.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - samste - 16-12-2016

(16-12-2016, 02:31 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  I would suggest the Australia Day weekend, on the Sunday not actually Australia Day, as people generally have things arranged that day.

Agree Exactly, Australia Day weekend, on the Sunday not actually Australia Day will work for most members.

Lets Make it a Big Turn Out, i will even be there Biggrin and maybe a bootsale to get rid of the old planes to make way for the new planes that you got at xmas Tounge

Merry Xmas to all and a Safe and Happy new Year

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - bulldoggy - 17-12-2016

hi bob so there is no flying on saturday and no bbq as well

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - dfw - 17-12-2016

And of course today we wake up to perfect conditions (and -presumably- a wet field). Meh.
@Buldoggy, some brave souls might be out flying today but I doubt anything with wheels will work out well. Hand launch and catch instead Smile Also good to note : no driving in when the field is wet.

looking forward to Australia Day then Smile

Cheers,

Dirk.

RE: RE: Christmas 2016 BBQ on Saturday the 17th 2 . - bulldoggy - 17-12-2016

Thanks for the update Dirk as i wasnt sure what the conditions were but i will go out anyway as im a new guy trying to jion and just want my application form filled in thanks again

BULLDOGGY